6 | Jogging

If there was one thing you hated more than anything in the world, it was jogging with Lee. The man had legs as long as you and could almost match you three strides to one. It was near impossible to keep up with him, and you didn't even want to get started on running races. Those were just plain humiliating.

"I don't want to do this, you know? I can just go and jog with Sarah." Sarah was your jogging partner in life and best friend/non-related sister. You'd been best friends since kindergarten and now you were living just a block away from here which meant frequent visits.

Lee sighed, tying up your shoelace for you. "Just once? I need a jogging partner sometimes too."

You rolled your eyes. "Your jogging is not jogging. It's more like sprinting and running. And then you go eat ice cream which defeats the purpose!"

He chuckled, beginning to tie up your other shoe lace. "Well, I jog and then get hot so I need an ice cream!" He put your foot down. "And it's on the way round."

"So burn fat, eat fat?" you asked, adjusting the tongue of your shoe.

He shrugged. "Something like that. Now stretch before you get sore muscles."

So stretch you did, and a little checking out of his work out body. You couldn't help it! Honestly, it wasn't your fault. It was like staring at him was natural instinct.

You stood up straight, doing one more stretch before relaxing into your normal standing position. "Ok. I'm ready."

He did a couple more stretches before the both of you left, jogging through the still waking streets.

*****

Passing the river over the bridge was nice. There had been no trees to obstruct the sun there and warmth felt good on your skin, regardless of the sweat already on it. The wind was rather cold and the dew was still on the grass, waiting to evaporate.

Lee was about fifty metres ahead of you, still getting further and further away. He turned and saw you falling behind and gesture for you to hurry up. You did, but at the expense of becoming slightly short of breath. He gave you a lazy grin. "Can't keep up?" he teased.

You attempted to step on his foot and he dodged quickly. "Go jog on your own."

He pouted, chuckling and 'jogging'. "Aw. Come on, (Y/N/N). I'm just playing around with you. You know that!"

You rolled your eyes and stopped jogging, putting your hands on your knees and bending over to catch your breath and let some blood go to your heart a little easier. You sighed. "I'm done here. You can keep going."

"Oh come on! I was joking! And we're almost home anyways! (Y/N/N)!" he whined.

You wiped some sweat off your face. You'd gone about three kilometres already. Your usual jog was two and a half. You didn't know if you wanted to go anymore. "I'm just tired, ok?"

Suddenly you felt weightlessness. He'd picked you up like a princess and began walking. You groaned. "Lee, put me down."

"Nope."

You tickled him but his grip only got tighter.

"Not happening, (Y/N)."

You sulked for a second. "Lee..."

"Nope. No. Not happening. I'm not putting you down."

So you wrapped your arms around him and three hundred metres later, you figured out just why he didn't let you go back. The ice cream store.

*****

He put you down and smiled. "Hey, Bill," he said, greeting the cashier who he was obviously friends with by now. He came here almost everyday.

"Hey! Lee! And you brought your wife!" Bill, the older gentleman said, smiling at you. You gave him a smile and a wave before letting them chit chat as you looked through all the flavours.

Lee's rather sweaty arms wrapped around you, his lips pressing on your shoulder. "Am I forgiven?"

You smiled to yourself. "Maybe."

"Only maybe? Does it change to a yes if there's three scoops of ice cream involved?"

You laughed. "Ok whatever. Your bribery is working."

"Yes!" he exclaimed, kissing your cheek before going to pick his own flavours.

*****

"Maybe jogging isn't so bad," you said, smiling as you walked hand in hand back home.

He smiled, pulling you close.

You were on another bridge; the better one where the sun seemed to hit everything nicer. He looked into your eyes and time felt like it had stopped. Everything else was a blur, and he was the only thing in your universe.

He smiled, leaning in. You mimicked him, and not before long, the two of you were locked in a passionate pash that would've made anyone uncomfortable.

He pulled back, smiling. He looked amazing with the light. His fingers brushed away a few strands of hair that had been pushed against your face by the wind. He kissed you once more before letting you go, but keeping your hand.

"Come jogging with me tomorrow?" he asked as you both started walking again.

You laughed. "No thanks."