11 | It Goes On

You were tired. You were upset. You didn't want to go. Please let them have cancelled.

When your phone buzzed, you knew they hadn't cancelled and you were required to go. You groaned, slipping out of bed and going to finish off your morning ritual.

Today, you decided to tie your hair up. You didn't know how long you'd be there for and you didn't want hair in your eyes as you worked. That was what'd you'd learned from your first job. You'd kept your hair down and every single time you readjusted, you'd had to adjust your hair again.

You had breakfast, dumped the bowl into the sink, grabbed your camera that had laid there untouched for months after that treacherous breakup, and ran straight out of the house.

*****

You arrived, five minutes early, before setting up. They'd already set up the lighting, but your subject wasn't there yet. Typical. Celebrities always liked to stretch time. They always thought they were too important for time and schedules.

You took a seat, going straight on social media.

Ten minutes later, you heard, "He's here." Typical. Late.

You trudged to your position. You really weren't feeling it. You kept your eyes low. "Alright. What's up? I'm (Y/N)."

He scoffed and chuckled at the same time. "I'm sorry, have I made you offended?"

You shook your head. "Not you personally."

"Let me guess." Oh no. A talker. You fiddled with the settings of the camera. "A bad break up?"

You sighed, bringing the camera up to your eye. You took a look at the settings once more. "You wouldn't know," you said as you pointed the camera up at him.

Through the viewfinder, you could see a hot number of a celebrity. Celebrities were common with you, but you'd never seen one like him.

You cleared your throat, a little starstruck for a second. "Pose," you said.

He got into a pose. Mm. Well. He was nice looking. "Why wouldn't I know?"

"Pose," you interjected. He did and you sighed. "Look..." You didn't know his name.

"Lee."

"Yeah. Lee. Look. You're a celebrity, you've probably never had a real serious relationship."

He posed and you took another shot. "I'll have you know I had a very serious relationship."

You put the camera down. "Had?"

He nodded. "Six years and then nothing. That was it. Crushed me for ages."

You sighed. "Pose."

He did and you took some more shots before taking photos from another angle.

The rest of the shoot was essentially done in silence. In a quiet understanding that was shared due to broken relationships.

You put the camera down.

"Alright. You're done," you said.

He looked at you funny. "Lighten up, (Y/N)."

You sighed. "I wish I could."

He walked over to you, taking your camera.

"Please don't break that - "

He turned it on just fine and put a finger to his lips to hush you.

"Pose," he said.

You rolled your eyes and he took a shot, giving you a shock.

He ushered you to where he'd stood just seconds ago. You posed and he took a photo. He showed you. You looked good.

"Good job. Can I have my camera back?"

"Not until you laugh."

You raised an eyebrow. "What?"

He pulled a face, making you giggle. He took a picture and showed it to you. "I expect that framed," he said, chuckling. "You look beautiful."

Then he walked away, leaving you there feeling weird. Did the hot celebrity just call you beautiful?

This one was different. He wasn't going to leave your mind for a while and you knew that.

"Oh yeah. Here's my number," he said, handing you a piece of paper.

-----

:)