4 | Run

You yawned for what felt like the millionth time. Sure, this was a premier for some really deep movie that everyone was talking about, and the movie had great things to say about politics, class, gender and all the other benevolent topics of society, but this movie was just not for you.

The darkness of the screening cinema and the sound of monotonous talking from the almost constant voice over was enough to lull you to sleep. Not to mention the warmness of almost five hundred people being squished into the theatre accompanied with the air conditioning. The smell of popcorn seemed to also make you sleepy, it reminded you of warm fires on cold and sleepy nights.

You leaned your head on Lee who seemed pretty caught up in the movie. You yawned again and he looked at you, raising an eyebrow. You shrugged, nestling into him.

His arm around you was warm and his general body warmth also made you sleepy. It reminded you of sleeping. He always held you tight, making sure you were never cold at night. You fought your ever closing eyelids, and attempted to wake yourself up by a pinch. The pain was there, but it didn't wake you up at all. It just got washed away with the sleepiness.

You tried to pay attention to the main character who was delivering some sort of very emotional piece of dialogue. You listened to the words, but they just went in one ear and out the other. You felt your eyes shut and you didn't want to open them. You forced yourself to in case any member of the press decided to ask you how it was. Honestly, you didn't understand the movie. It was one of those things, like in high school English class, where the teacher would hand you a text and tell you to analyse the crap out of it. Then the teacher would give you a sample of analysis on that text and pull out things that made a absolutely no sense, but made so much sense at the same time; things the writer probably never intended. So what if there's an animal in the movie A Simple Pan? That doesn't make it a fable. And Shakespeare! Oh Shakespeare. He wrote about human traits and that's what makes him so applicable. Catch the sarcasm?

You opened your eyes after they'd unintentionally shut. You shook your head before repositioning yourself. Nope. You were going to fall asleep again. And that's when you noticed Lee yawn. Your eyes widened. So it wasn't just you? This was really a boring movie full of deep, constructed meaning that really meant nothing?

He looked at you before turning back to the screen which was like hell on earth. You decided that watching him was probably more fun than the movie. His eyes slowly shut before they opened again. Each blink came slower and slower. There was no surprise in that. How could he still be awake?!

You sighed, waiting - hoping - for the movie to be over. How long had you been in here? An hour? A week? A lifetime? Sure felt like it.

He took your hand and looked to you. "I can't take this anymore," he whispered.

You nodded. "Talk about it."

"Let's go."

You raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

He nodded, squeezing your hand. You grinned in delight. Escape! Pure joy! You were ready to leave!

The both of you discretely made it out and went through the back exit as to not be spot by the paparazzi. "That was horrid!" you cried, wrapping your arms around him and kissing him, overjoyed to be out of there. "I don't understand half of what that guy was saying!" He was about to explain it to you before you put your lips on his to silence him. "Shh," you said.

He laughed. "Really that bad, huh?"

You shrugged. "Just promise me you won't do a movie like that. Ever."

He nodded, chuckling. "I promise."

You grinned. "Come on. Let's get out of here." You took his hand and dragged him along with you to the car.

"Where are we going?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here we are," you said, placing two chocolate sundaes on the table. Gotta love Mc Donald's! The constant smell of their famous chips, along with their 'one Mc Donald's in every suburb' policy. It hadn't been hard to find this one. You'd drove for about a minute. This was probably catering to the dozens of hungry celebrities who found themselves in boring premiers and needed to eat.

It was actually pretty funny, the both of you sitting there. You were both dressed up and a couple eyes were on you, but you didn't care.

You popped the lid off your sundae and he followed suit. "Bon appetit!" you said, digging right into it. The chocolate drizzle was heaven. Oh pure, pure heaven - and 99% sugar and fake flavouring. Probably some thickener too.

Lee looked at you, grinning.

"What?" you asked.

He leaned in and you leaned in too. Was he going to tell you a secret? No. Instead, he licked the tip of your nose, alerting you to the fact that you had a little chocolate sauce there. You giggled, returning to your original position.

"I'm so glad that I'm out of there," you said, making light conversation whilst you knew that the both of you had most of your attention commanded on the sweetness of the sundaes.

He laughed. You loved his laugh. Especially when it was a real one. "Amen to that. That was a little boring."

You raised an eyebrow. "A little? Only a little?! Are you serious?! I wanted to sleep!"

He laughed even louder. "I can assure you it wasn't really that bad. It was really emotional and stuff."

You rolled your eyes. "Was not."

"Was too."

You huffed. "It was about as emotional as this sundae. No. Just no."

He shot you a cheeky grin. "Right. So you're telling me that you didn't feel the happiness in eating that sundae?"

You rolled your eyes. "Shut up. My sundae's finished now. There's no happiness in that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am glad we skipped that," he said as you arrived home.

You grinned. "I'm glad as well. That was pretty bad."

"And those sundaes were nice."

"Very nice." You yawned, kicking your shoes off. "Ok. I'm tired for real."

He walked over to you and scooped you up, kicking off his own shoes. "Me too."

You wrapped your arms around his neck to slightly support yourself. You made it up the stairs and he into the bedroom before he put you down on the bed. "Ok," he said, kissing you. "Good night." Then he fell on top of you, pinning you to the bed.

You squealed, squirming underneath him. "Lee! I swear! I will get my revenge!"

He laughed, rolling off you. "Seriously though. Goodnight."

He pulled you close, nuzzling his face into your neck. You sighed. "We should probably brush our teeth."

He groaned, saying something incoherent before shushing himself and you. You sighed, closing your eyes and letting sleep over take you.

---------

:)