9 | Prom

"I'm not going," you repeated for what felt like the fiftieth time.

Raelene, your best friend, sighed. "Please, (Y/N). It's not going to be fun without you."

You shook your head. "No. No one's asked me out and everyone's asked you out. There's no point for me to go."

She gave you a look. "Do I sense a little jealousy?" She asked.

You groaned, throwing a pillow from your bed at you. "Rae! I'm not jealous! It just - "

"Lee?"

You groaned some more and buried your face in the mattress. "Shut up."

"Well your jealousy is not needed there, girl," she said, giggling and throwing the pillow back at you. "He didn't ask me."

You stared at her. "What?"

She grinned. "He really didn't ask me."

You grinned back. "Is that bad that it makes me happy?"

"Nope."

You grinned even wider, giggling and hugging her. "Thank you!"

"Don't thank me yet. I heard a rumour that he wants to ask you."

That sent you over the moon. One of the hottest boys in school wanted to ask you to prom?! You were jumping up and down squealing. "Rae! Rae! Rae! He might ask me!"

She giggled and jumped along with you. "Well, (Y/N/N), are you going to prom now?"

You giggled. "Yes," you said shyly.

*****

You went to school very, very excited and hoping that he'd ask you soon.

You passed through math, English, a double of bio, lunch and sport, and the end bell and still you hadn't been asked.

You stood on the platform, waiting for the train to take you home. As you were waiting, Rae began to giggle. "Hey. He's here."

You turned and he was looking straight at you. He waved and you waved back, blushing. You looked back at Rae who was giggling and grinning at you.

She turned you around and you found yourself right in front of him.

You gulped.

*****

"Uh, hey, (Y/N)," he said, a little nervous. His nervousness was radiating on you.

"Hey, Lee."

He shifted uncomfortably. "So uh, are you going to prom?"

You shrugged. "Maybe - "

"If you ask her!" Rae shouted. You wanted to dig your grave immediately, both you and Lee going red.

He cleared his throat. Everyone seemed to be watching. "Um... I was wondering if you'd want to go to prom with uh... With me?"

You smiled. "That would be cool." That would be cool indeed.

*****

Rae was lounging on your bed in her hair and makeup, looking amazing. She looked like she was going to the Oscars. She looked like a movie star. You could only hope to look that good.

She got up. "Finally you're out of the shower," she complained.

You rolled your eyes. "Rude."

She smirked. "Shut up and hurry up, loser."

You threw your hair towel at her and she hit it out of the way before she came to do your hair and make up.

*****