2 | Chubby Bunny

"Ok. This is a real competition," he said, setting two bags of marshmallows on the coffee table. You knew immediately what was happening. Chubby Bunny. You groaned.

"Are you serious, Lee? Chubby Bunny? This stuff's gonna rot your teeth."

He shrugged. "Just a bit."

You laughed, sitting down on the floor between the couch and the coffee table where the two bags seemed to stare at you screaming 'I'll give you cavities!'

"Alright. Let's do this," he said, sitting in front of you and ripping open both bags. He handed you a plastic bag. "If you need to spit, you know where."

You rolled your eyes and picked out a marshmallow. "Ready?"

He picked one out too. "Set."

"Go!" you called together.

You both put the first marshmallow in. "Chubby bunny," you both said. Crystal clear.

Then the second. "Chubby bunny."

And the third. "Chubby bunny."

And the fourth. "Chubby bunneh." It was getting a little hard.

Then the fifth. That was worse. You tried to push it all in with your fingers. "Chubbbbyy bunneehhh," you managed. Lee was still going alright.

Then the sixth. "Ch - " a marshmallow fell out. You knew you'd lost and spat into the bag, feeling the sugar eat at your teeth.

Lee grinned, sporting very nice teeth and protruding marshmallows. "Chubby bunny."

You rolled your eyes. "Show off."

He put in another and another. "Chubby bunneh." Finally.

He made it to ten then spat. "I win," he said, grinning then grimacing. "I need water."

You laughed, passing him your cup. He sculled it.

"Is the sugar eating at your teeth?" you teased.

He chuckled. "Maybe I should brush."

And then sneakily, he left you to clean up the mess of spit and uneaten marshmallows covered in saliva. As for the rest of the marshmallows, you swore you would never eat marshmallows again.

---------

🐇🐰🐰