Chapter Fourteen

The weekend ended up being of the last semi warm days and the Slytherins spend all the time they could outside enjoying the last rays of the sun. They caught up on some homework and even though you couldn't quite call that fun, Percy was overall happy. The meeting with all the wizards and witches that wanted to learn to defend themselves brought his hope. He didn't want to think it was hopeless for them to win this war. He looked forward to the trainings and his happiness held until Monday morning.

More exactly till the point his eyes found the new paper hanging in the Slytherin notice board. He had just stepped out of his dorm and was about to go to breakfast when his eyes had noticed the change in the common room. The headline had attracted his attention.

———— BY ORDER OF————

The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

  Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed:

Dolores Umbridge

high inquisitor

Percy read through the letter carefully. The happiness was gone. Umbridge must have noticed what they were doing and tried her best to shut it down. Percy grimaced and stormed out of the common room, Aria cautiously following him. She noticed the change in his emotions and didn't dare to upset him now.

When Percy entered the hall, now a little more calmed down, he was one of the first ones and the first on the Slytherin table apart from a second-year student. He sat down and reached for the mug that appeared in front of him.

"Good morning, Mr. Jackson.", said Dumbledore and walked up behind the Slytherin. "I hope you had a good night's sleep." Percy thought about the night he had mostly spend reading.

"The night was alright. More surprising was the morning.", said Percy and mentioned the headmaster to sit down, he did. Oh, a longer conversation than just pleasantries then.

"For all of us." Percy raised an eyebrow. Professor Dumbledore didn't know any of this?

"I hope you had a good night's sleep as well.", said Percy and watched the teacher carefully.

"It was most definitely interesting." A few students entered the hall and starred at the headmaster at the Slytherin table. "I had hoped you could help me with something, Mr. Jackson. Will you meet me at my office this evening?" Percy tried to read out of his expression what he needed but didn't find anything.

"Of course, professor. I would be honoured." Dumbledore send him another smile and stood up to go to his normal seat. Just in time because a few of the Slytherins arrived at the entrance and came towards Percy now.