Chapter Thirteen

Percy had been anxious for the weekend and was apparently happy when it finally arrived. After breakfast, which was a coffee in Percy's case, many students lined up in front of Filch, who matched their names to the long list of students who had permission from their parents or guardian to visit the village. When he reached Percy he just waved him through. Being and adult he didn't need permission. At Aria, who followed after him, the caretaker shot a glare. The little creature ignored it and happily flattered with wings. The weather was good but a little windy and Daphne pulled her coat tighter around her body as they made their way to the village.

She and Percy had become somewhat friends and spend most of their time together. Daphne was easy to spend time with and Percy enjoyed having a friend again. Percy also had invited her to the meeting and so they made their way to the Hog's Head. The pup was dark, very dirty and looked a little dodgy but at least they wouldn't get interrupted.

The other customers were mostly old man but hid their faces form the new comers. They were a little early so Daphne got them drinks and told Percy to trust her with this. The Butterbeer tasted... differently, but it was a good different. Harry, Hermione and Ron entered soon and Ron shot them a glare. They got drinks as well and talked, Percy listened but it was mostly unimportant. That was until about 25 other students entered the bar.

"What have you been telling people?" Heard Percy Harry say while he and Daphne made their way over to the others. "What are they expecting?"

"I've told you, they just want to hear what you've got to say," said Hermione soothingly, but Harry continued to look at her so furiously that she added quickly, "You don't have to do anything yet, I'll speak to them first."

The gathered around the trio and pulled up chairs for everyone. When the clatter had stopped, silence fell.

"Er," said Hermione and Percy noticed her voice was slightly higher than usual. "Well - er - hi." The attention went to her. "Well ... erm ... well, you know why you're here. Erm ... well, Harry here had the idea - I mean" Harry shot her a glare. "I had the idea - that it might be good if people who wanted to study Defence Against the Dark Arts - and I mean, really study it, you know, not the rubbish that Umbridge is doing with us" Her voice got stronger. "because nobody could call that Defense Against the Dark Arts"

A call from a Ravenclaw interrupted her. "Hear, hear" Hermione looked heartened.

"well, I thought it would be good if we, well, took matters into our own hands. And by that I mean learning how to defend ourselves properly, not just theory but the real spells -"

"You want to pass your Defence Against the Dark Arts O.W.L. too though, I bet?", said another Ravenclaw.

"Of course I do!", said Hermione at once. "But I want more than that, I want to be properly trained in Defence because ... because ..." She took a great breath and finished, "Because Lord Voldemort's back."

The reaction to the name was immediate. Some shrieked, others jumped and again Percy had to think how unhealthy it all was. A certain respect from the name was good and needed, names were powerful after all, but to this extent ... the name alone created a monster that made the person behind the name unreachable. Daphne said calmly beside Percy and he noticed she didn't react to the name like the others did.

"Well ... that's the plan anyway," said Hermione. "If you want to join us, we need to decide how we're going to -"

"Where's the proof You-Know-Who's back?", said a blond Hufflepuff in rather an aggressive voice.

"Well, Dumbledore believes it -" Hermione began.

"You mean, Dumbledore believes him", he said pointing at Harry.