I'm Nothing Without You... (Monarchshipping)

"Please, Yami! Don't make me do this!", a tanned young teen shouted at his lighter skinned significant other as sirens could be heard off in the distance. "You promised Atem, if we go out, we go out together! And if they catch us we'll both be locked up and unable to see each other ever again!", 'Yami' yelled back. Tears were streaming down Atem's' face as he gripped the pistol in his hands, Yami doing the same. Both young men held the guns to each other, Atem was sobbing like there was no tomorrow while Yami didn't even seem phased by any of this. "I know, but Yami-", "No buts Atem! Now on the the count of 3 we shoot, got it?", Atem reluctantly nodded. He kept his eyes closed as tears became like waterfalls coming out of his eyes.

"Okay 1, pop the safety", Atem did as he was told with shaky hands. "2, lightly press the trigger", Atem pressed the trigger until he felt as if he went any further he would shoot. "Are you ready?", "...No...", "Alright then... 3". A single gunshot echoed in the halls and throughout the house. After waiting one full minute, Atem opened one eye. Both his eyes then shot open and widened. He ran to the side of his now bleeding lover, he held the male in his arms and brought him close. He saw a small bullet hole square in the middle of his chest, "Yami, no! Yami, please speak to me!".

"I'm right here Atem, but just barely", Yami replied in a raspy voice. "I thought you said, we were gonna go out together...?, he asked. "Oh Atem, my *tenshi", he put a bloody hand on Atem's cheek and lightly stroked away the tears with his thumb. "You know I love you with all my heart and soul, but even so I knew I never deserved you or your love. I can't comprehend why you seem to adore me so much, when I've murdered you in a past life. I still don't understand how I sleep at night, and look you in the eyes knowing that I've done that. How I do it everyday is beyond me, but you were always within arms reach", he had a loving smile on his lips.

Atem put his hand over Yami's, and leaned into the touch, he still cried as he continued. "So I want you to forget about me, you'll go far without me Atem. I know you will". "Yami, my *habibi. I have always loved you, and always will. How can I forget about someone who's given me so much to remember? What you did in the past won't change my mind about you now, I'm nothing without you", Atem planted a soft kiss on his slowly fading lover's lips. When he finally pulled away, he looked into his habibi's crimson eyes with his violet ones.

Yami closed his eyes though Atem could still here his very faint breathing, Atem took the opportunity to ensure his eternity with his Yami. He grasped the handle of the nearby gun that Yami dropped, and put it to his back. He fired which made him drop next to his lover, this made Yami open his eyes and stare into the eyes of his tenshi. "I told you Yami, if we go out, we go out together", he stated to him with a smile. Yami smiled back and with his last bit of strength, he wrapped his arms around Atem. Atem nuzzled into his chest and closed his eyes.

"Atem, I promise you, I will protect you in life and... in death", Yami told him while lifting up Atem's chin to meet his gaze. He then planted a sweet, but passionate kiss on the boy's lips and pulled the body closer to his own. Atem kissed back and snaked his arms around Yami's neck, pushing his body closer to the other's and deepening the kiss. After they pulled back they gasped for air, partially from their wounds and partially from the long kiss. Atem once again snuggled into Yami's chest as Yami propped his head atop Atem's. They both closed their eyes and their breathing and movements ceased, they died wrapped in each other's embrace. Just then, the door was kicked open and off its hinges and burly men came stomping in. They were much too late though, and they only found that out when they saw the two lovers lying in each other's arms and a large, ever-growing pool of blood.

(*tenshi = angel, *habibi = beloved)