Birthday Party! Not Really... (Tendershipping)

Today was a very special day for a certain albino. It was the young teen's birthday, and he was turning 17. Although, Ryou definitely didn't see it as a special day as he would be spending it alone. None of his friends could come, Yugi and Yami were to busy being "interested" in each other, Téa, Joey and Seto were all in America, no one really knows or really cares where Tristan and Duke were and Malik and Marik were spending the day together like Yami and Yugi. That left but one person who he could be with today, but he knew he could never count on him for anything at all.

He sighed heavily as he hugged himself tighter while curled up in a ball on his bed. He stared out the window in great depression and sadness. He wished his parents could come, but his mother died while giving birth to him and his father passed away about a year ago. He felt so alone and left out from everyone else, he didn't know what to do. "Happy birthday, Ryou", he muttered to himself. He sighed once again and decided to get a snack. So he lazily got up from his bed and left the dark room that was his own. He stumbled down the steps and trudged into the kitchen.

He didn't even notice that the white haired thief laying on the couch had asked a question and frankly, he didn't really care. He rummaged through the cabinets for something to hold him until it was time to make dinner. He then sensed someone join him in the kitchen but shrugged it off, knowing it was the thief king who he unfortunately shared a house with. "Yadonushi, look at me when I am speaking to you", the elder teen barked at the albino. Ryou didn't notice and instead, pushed past Bakura as he went to the fridge and tried to find something in there.

"Hey, Yadonushi! What the hell?!", Bakura screamed at the boy. Ryou once again didn't respond and simply moved on to the freezer. Bakura became very pissed off at this point and decided to be physical to make Ryou listen, since yelling didn't even seem to faze him. He stomped over to the teen and yanked him by the arm and forced the boy to look at him. "What, Bakura?", Ryou asked in an annoyed voice. The thief stood shocked at him, he never used such a tone to anyone. What was going on with Ryou? The thief king now wanted to know more than ever.

"Yadonushi, what's wrong? Your being very rude, why?", Bakura narrowed his eyes at him. Ryou then hung his head and tears that were hidden by his bangs began to form in his eyes. Bakura didn't notice that the young boy was crying until he saw a single tear drip to the tile floor. He lifted the other teen's head by placing his thumb and forefinger on his chin and pulling it upwards. He then saw the tears and a saddened look on Ryou's face. He frowned at this, "Why are you crying, Ryou?". The tears started to come faster as Ryou choked out his answer, "No one cares...".

"What do you mean, Yadonushi?", he asked in curiosity. "I mean, no one cares about me. Especially not you...", Ryou replied with an upset tone. "Of course I care, Yadonushi. Why would you say that I don't?", Bakura responded. "Oh sure, because someone who's cares about someone else totally forgets their birthday!", Ryou retaliated. Ryou then just burst into tears and pulled away from Bakura. Bakura stood there shocked, he had completely forgotten that it was his Yadonushi's birthday. How could he have forgotten something like that? Some boyfriend he was...

He immediately grabbed Ryou and pulled him into a hug which the albino at first was not all for, but soon relaxed and began to cry into Bakura's chest. Bakura then began to softly stroke the other teen's soft white hair and deeply inhaled the smell of strawberries that Ryou radiated. The younger of the two started to calm down and even hugged Bakura back. "Yadonushi, I am extremely sorry for my forgetfulness. I hope you can forgive me, Yadonushi", Ryou gasped and instantly pulled out of the hug to look at Bakura. "Bakura, are you feeling okay?! Did I hear you right?! Did you just apologize to me?!", Ryou held a very surprised expression on his face.

Bakura chuckled, "Yes, I did Yadonushi. You deserved an apology after I did such an unforgivable thing". Ryou couldn't help but smile and kissed Bakura's cheek, "I forgive you, Bakura". Bakura then pulled Ryou back into another hug which Ryou didn't mind at all. "Oh and another thing, Yadonushi", Bakura pulled Ryou out of the hug once more and lifted his chin so the younger albino was looking at him, "Happy 17th birthday". And with that, the two boys shared a sweet kiss.