"OWWWW" I yell as I lift my injured leg off the floor.

"I guess I twisted my ankle or something," I whine.

"Ohh great. Now, how the hell will I take you home?" He asks.

"You can drop me home. You have a bike, remember?" I ask him as if he is stupid.

"I gave it for repairing, genius." He says. I look at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Baby! I can't walk all the way to my house with a broken ankle." I panic.

"Calm down, Rosie. It's not broken, you just twisted it." He says, cooly.

"Yeah right easy for you to say. You don't know how bad this hurts." I say as I grab onto his shoulders tightly, for support.

"I guess there is just one way." He mumbles.

"Wow! The world looks so beautiful from this height." I say, looking around with amusement. I hug Jackson's neck a little more tightly, as I enjoy the piggyback ride he is giving me.

"Are you planning to choke me, woman? Don't hold my neck so tight. " He complains.

"Oop. Sorry." I say whilst loosening my grip. I run my hands through his hair which is right below my chin.

"Hey, missy. Don't wipe your snot on my hair." He says with a chuckle. I grin at his comment and nuzzle my face into his thick hair. He moves his head away whilst laughing.

"Am I too heavy, baby?" I asked placing my chin on his head.

"So heavy that I can feel my back breaking." He says dramatically. I gasp and smack his cheek, a little too hard, perhaps.

"Ouch," he yells. I smile evilly and kiss his cheek and say,

"Oop. Sorry."

"I have to go, Rosie. I need to sort my shit before I get involved with you." He says as he pulls my hand away and turns around to leave. I immediately hug him from behind, pressing my cheek against his back.

"I beg of you, please don't." I mumble. I may look weak and timid since I am pathetically pleading with him, but he needs to understand that I want him now more than I ever did.

"These 8 years were living hell without you. I can't go through that all over again. Please, Jackson, I can't be alone this time." I beg. I go around him so that we are face to face. I cup his cheeks and look at his eyes with my watery ones.

"I really really need you here. You may think that your life is messed up, but you have to understand that mine isn't any better. I'm as broken as you are, and you're the only one who can heal me. We can heal each other. You have to give this a chance, give us a chance." I say as I kiss him on his lips, again. He groans and deepens the kiss. He pulls away and looks at me intently.

"You're fucking with my brain, Rosie." He mumbles before placing his hands below my butt and lifting me. I promptly wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him. He continues climbing the stairs and heads towards his room, not once leaving my lips. As soon as we enter the room, he slams the door before placing me on the bed. He starts kissing me down my neck as he unbuttons my shirt. I gasp when the realization hits me like a tonne of bricks.

"Jackson!" I call out, grabbing his bicep and pulling him away. He lifts his head off of my neck and looks at me.

"I'm so sorry. I should've just....." He says while climbing off of me. I sit straight as I button up my shirt, feeling out of breath. Jackson scoots over to the edge of the bed and places his elbows on the knees and burying his head in his hands.

"I don't even know what I'm doing, Rose. I'm so lost." He mumbles. I crawl towards him and place my head on his back, hugging his torso.

"It will be fine." I say almost inaudibly. He turns around to look at me before saying,

"We're both confused and desperate at the moment, Rose. I guess it's for the best if I just stay away for a few days, to clear my mind." He says, holding my hands. I look at him, feeling extremely exhausted and deflated. If this is what he wants, I guess I should just let him be. I can't force him into doing anything against his will.

"I'm going to bed. You can leave if you want." I say as I stand up, heading to my room. I enter my room and shut the door before getting under the blankets. I'm too drained to even change my clothes. I close my eyes, hoping that some miracle would happen, and he would stay back.

****

I am sorry, Rosie. But I really need the space. I will call you soon. Thank you for all that you did for me, I'm very grateful to you.

-Jackson.

I read as I place the letter on the kitchen counter. I let out a sad sigh and look up, trying my best not to let the tears fall. I can't be a weakling, I need to buck up like a mature adult.
As I get ready, my phone goes off. I check the screen to see my mom calling me. I promptly answer the call before adjusting it between my ear and shoulder.

"Hi, mom." I say as I grab my car keys.

"Hello dear. What's taking you so long, honey?" She asks apprehensively.

"I'm sorry mom, I got up late today. I just left home, I'll be there soon." I say as I start my car.

"Okay, dear. I'm waiting for you." She says.

As I get off the elevator in the hospital, I bump into someone. I look up to see Mike, standing before me, with an awkward smile. I look down and see that I knocked off the files that he was holding.

"I'm so sorry." I say as I crouch down to help him pick up the files.

"No I'm sorry, I bumped into you." He says as he takes the files from me.

"Uhm listens, about last night, I'm really sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. It just happened in the heat of the moment-"

"It's alright, Mike. Let's just pretend as if something like that never happened." I say chuckling nervously.

"Oh by the way, I told you about my friend who owns a daycare yeah?" He asks, trying to deviate from the topic.

"Yeah....what about it?"

"I spoke to her and she said that she is more than happy to hire you." He says with a boyish grin. I gasp loudly and hug him out of joy.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much, Mike! This means so much to me." I say as I hug him tighter.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm glad I could help you out." He says, returning my hug. We pull away when one of the nurses call him.

"I gotta get going. I'll see you around?" He asks. I give him a big smile and nod. I'm quite surprised that his friend hired me without taking any interviews, but I'm not complaining. A job is something I desperately needed. Dad's medical bills aren't getting any cheaper with each passing day.

Moreover, a bunch of toddlers will help me get my mind off of Jackson.