XXV. Cheapde ✨

Thank you all for 900 follows. It is a great number and I'm happy about it, though I don't know if it would be constant. ;) Anyway, love you guys for the way you shower your love on my books. ❤️

Happy reading.

______

Recap ~
Phail gaya raita.

As Anika yawned and rubbed her eyes like a little child, she picked up her brother's video call at 12

As Anika yawned and rubbed her eyes like a little child, she picked up her brother's video call at 12.00 AM in the midnight.
"Bhai..., I will kill you for spoiling my sleep." She chided her brother making him chuckle.
"Happy birthday, Anu!" Her parents joined along with Arnav making Anika smile widely.

"You are all a minute late in wishing me." She pouted and they rolled their eyes all together saying "You didn't let us speak."
"What plans today?" Arnav asked with a smirk on his face.
"Today is not a special day, as usual spending my time with Maya, and the Oberois." She said to which Raj and Naina chorused "The day might not be special but you are darling." making her smile once again.
Talking for a couple of minutes, "Enjoy the day with your Shivaay." Her father told not forgetting to emphasize 'Your Shivaay' before ending the call.

As Shivaay sat in the dining with his grandmother and sister for breakfast, he waited for Anika to join them. Ignoring his sister's teasings, he was impatiently tapping on the table with a spoon when it slipped off his hand watching the beauty descending down the stairs. Indeed, she looked like an angel wearing a mushroom grey floral printed saree, hairs flying in the air and a heavenly smile adorning her lips.

"Gorgeous

"Gorgeous." slipped from Shivaay's mouth as Anika took a seat next to him making her smile, "Thank you."

"Why Dadi? Why!?" Khushi fake cried confusing the others. Continuing, she stated "I wish I were a boy. I would have married Anika, look how beautiful she is. Just an angel from the heaven!" making Dadi and Anika chuckle while Shivaay scowl at her.
"Oh billu don't worry. I'm not a competitor. Anika is all yours!" Khushi told making Anika choke the food she was chewing.

Making her drink water as he gently patted her back, "Alright?" he asked softly and she nodded giving an assuring smile.
"Sorry, my heart just spoke out." Khushi apologized when his brother asked annoyed with his sister, "As far as I know, your heart is with Arnav. How did it speak then?"

Dadi smiled instead of reacting in any other way, she was happy knowing both her grandchildren were falling in love. While Anika did not ignore Khushi words "Anika is all yours". She was indeed surprised to hear her at first but of course she liked it, this fluttered her heart in happiness.

"You are glowing today? Anything special?" Khushi shooted her question as she stuffed parotta in her mouth while Anika chuckled "Nothing special, bhai sent me this saree."
"Simply?" She wondered and exclaimed in minutes, as if she got an electric shock "Wait today is your birthday!" making Anika smile and the rest surprised.

Dadi did complain that Anika didn't spill about her birthday but Anika, as usual used her charm to pacify her. Wishing her, Dadi left to her friend's place while Shivaay was still in thoughts. Was he planning something big?

He left minutes later, after his grandmother but not before saying "Happy birthday, Anika." making her smile, "Thank you, Shivaay."

It was afternoon and Shivaay didn't talk to Anika after wishing her for her birthday. That was weird, he never ever stayed up this long without talking to her. She initiated a phone call and ten messages but didn't get back any response from him. She searched all the rooms, including Tej's to not find Shivaay. Finding Khushi at the entrance of the kitchen, she strode to her when Khushi stopped her smiling nervously.

"What is cooking up?!" Anika asked raising her eyebrows while Khushi told trying to sound confident "Well, I'm practically trying to make food."
"By standing outside the kitchen?" She asked smelling a sweet odour that was coming from inside the kitchen.
"Yeah, no I mean I just came to take some ingredients from the fridge." She told.
"Bad actor." She announced clapping her hands slowly and was about to step inside the kitchen when Khushi almost hollered, "Bhai!"

"Where is your brother hiding?" Anika asked sounding annoyed, she indeed was no more patient enough to wait for Shivaay and spend time with him.
"He is in office." Khushi told once again raising the suspicion in Anika. Instead of asking her any other question for which she wouldn't get the answer, she stormed into the kitchen to find Shivaay smiling a way more than usual.

"Shivaay!" Anika almost shouted, hugging him in happiness when he reciprocated back with a heavenly smile.
"Where did you disappear?" She asked faking anger when he shrugged his shoulders speaking, "I know you aren't angry." and she turned away, closing her eyes as she smiled.

"Were you desperate for me?" He asked and she widened her eyes in surprise. This question definitely made a thought in her mind, I couldn't stay even for sometime without hearing him, without taking to him. Am I really desperate?
"I know you were." He said again as if he read her mind voice while she opened and closed her mouth a few times, unable to speak.

"I-I..." She stuttered for twenty two seconds exactly before seeing her favorite cookies placed to a corner of the kitchen countertop.
"Cookies." She excitedly stated, her eyes looking at them with love when Shivaay said, "I wish I were in that cookies place." making her surprised, yet again.

What happened to Shivaay? He was full of surprises that day.

"Are you Shivaay?" She asked and he laughed hearing her, "Of course. I'm not a ghost."
"How did you change like this!? My Shivaay was shy, sweet, and cute." She asked blinking her eyes continuously to check if this was all real.
"My Shivaay huh?!" Shivaay smirked before continuing "Don't you want to see the bold, hot and handsome Shivaay?!"

"Cheapde." He heard from her in response, for the first time ever. Not that she didn't like him talking to her like this, unlike her other friends. Was he just a friend?

 Was he just a friend?