XVIII. Time & Compensation✨

Recap ~
Anika is my girlfriend.

It took a while for Anika to process what Shivaay announced sometime back, Anika being his girlfriend and that they were going to marry soon

It took a while for Anika to process what Shivaay announced sometime back, Anika being his girlfriend and that they were going to marry soon. She was still lost in thoughts when she heard a knock at her door.
"Dadi?!" Anika called out as the old lady slowly walked into the room.
"I'm sorry for the mess that was created a while back Anika." Dadi apologized to which she spoke, "Please don't apologize Dadi."
"No Anika, you shouldn't have been pulled into this." Dadi said back letting Anika remain silent.
"Billu usually never loses his temper unless his father provokes him." Dadi spoke again to which Anika asked hesitating "I'm sorry if I'm intruding in your family matter Dadi but why is Tej uncle and Shivaay not in good terms?!"
"Tej has always been a selfish person, Anika. There are many incidents in life that happened which is the root cause of billu's and Tej's relationship today." Dadi told sounding sad "In fact, even Billu's career was decided by Tej despite him wanting to pursue —"

Unfortunately, dadi was interrupted by a voice from downstairs. Patting her cheeks gently, Dadi left her room. Later that evening, Anika entered the dining to see Khushi, she seemed pretty upset from all the happenings that day.

"Khushi?" Anika called out to get a hug from her instantly. Caressing her hairs, Anika remained silent for Khushi to speak up. "I couldn't see Bhai like that Anika. I hate papa, I will never forgive him!" She cried in her arms.
"I'm no one to speak in your family matters but I can say one thing Khushi, Shivaay will definitely get hurt if he sees his sister, his panda crying!" Anika said wiping her tears while Shivaay heard them from behind a pillar. Khushi left to refresh herself after hearing Anika while Shivaay hesitated to face her. Wanting to confront her for whatever happened that morning, he slowly walked towards her. Feeling a soft touch on her palm, Anika turned behind to look at Shivaay staring down.

"Shivaay?!" She called out to him and he turned back not facing her.
"Can I get two minutes of yours Anika?" He asked softly and she said, "Sure."
They silently walked up to Shivaay's room while Anika noticed his things thrown here and there.
"Anika, I'm extremely sorry for my behavior this morning." He said not looking into her eyes once again when she simply said "It's okay, Shivaay."
"It's not okay. I had no right to pull you into this mess. I had no right to address you as my girlfriend and that I would marry you very soon. All this is not done!" He said tears brimming his eyes. 
"Shivaay it was a situation. Anyway I'm your friend. Haven't you known, a friend in need is a friend indeed?!" She asked looking into his marble eyes and he simply hugged her in response. Smiling, she reciprocated saying "Don't worry. We can sort this out!"
"Thank you Anika!" He said still gripping her tightly when she said "You have taken more than two minutes of my time Mr.Billuji!"
"How do I compensate it?!" He asked innocently as they parted from the hug and  she chuckled replying "Some coffee? I need Chef Shivaay to prepare it."
"Indeed." He smiled.

Anika and Shivaay were once again back to their schedules, she was preparing for her exhibition while he was working on his deals alongside organising her event.

"Can you teach me cooking Dadi?!" Anika asked Shivaay's grandmother to which she heard back, "Of course, Anika."
That night, the ladies of the house were busy teaching Anika to cut vegetables while she was feeling nervous remembering the incident that happened to Shivaay. Her hands were shivering as she held the knife and that's when Shivaay entered the kitchen, his favorite spot.

"My kitchen!" He hollered dramatically holding his chest when Dadi held his ears playfully, "Not your kitchen."
"Okay okay ours." He smiled sheepishly.
"What are my ladies doing?!" He asked casually and his sister replied "We are teaching Anika how to cook."
"Oh you know cooking very well is it?" He asked raising his eyebrows and his sister said trying to sound confident "Yeah I know."
"Yeah you know only to make maggi and boil water." He stated making the other two laugh except his sister who scowled at him, "What will Anika think of me Bhai?" She whispered in his ears when he spoke loudly understanding her thoughts, "You are worried about someone else. Don't worry, he knows cooking very well."

Their grandmother didn't have much context but yet she understood someone was there in her granddaughter's life. Anika very well understood whom Shivaay referred to, of course it was her brother.

Dadi and Khushi soon excused themselves while Anika resumed back to holding her knife and staring at the vegetables. Holding her hand which held the knife, Shivaay smiled at her and she blinked at him not knowing how to react.
"It's okay. You can do it Anika!" He said gripping her hand even tighter when she closed her eyes tightly. Shivaay moved her hand towards the carrot she wanted to cut and made her cut the edge of it. She opened her eyes slowly and looked at Shivaay. Gently removing his grip from her hand, he gestured to continue while he stood right beside her. She wasn't nervous anymore feeling him by her side, she gripped the knife tightly and cut the carrot into halves, further more till it was made into smaller cubes.
"Yay!" She jumped in excitement and hugged him tightly while he smiled.
"See you did it." He said and she spoke back happily, "Thanks Shivaay."

They were still embracing each other when Dadi walked back to the kitchen and smiled at his grandson who was facing her.
"Dadi?!" He called out to her much alarmed as they parted their hug.
"Sorry to disturb you guys." She spoke in a teasing tone making Shivaay and Anika feel awkward.

" She spoke in a teasing tone making Shivaay and Anika feel awkward

I'm not revealing the precap today! ;)

Hope you enjoyed this one. If so, don't forget to vote and comment, it would mean a lot. ❤️