Introduction

Welcome to over the palisade set in the plane of caerulia, aka a mcyt fantasy au!
Some stuff before you go on!

This whole book is basically going to be one big songfic. As the chapters go on there are going to be a lot of lyrics embedded in the lines from the album Dear Wormwood by The Oh Hellos! There will be a few points where in [brackets] I might say something like [song; soldier, poet, king] and so if you want to get into the vibe a little, I suggest you listen to it as you read or sometime before or after!

Also, there will be more detailed trigger warnings before any chapter that needs it, but there will be violence, death!! So just be on the lookout if that may bother you!!

Anyways, here's the prelude :)

For many years, the ethereal and mortal plane had been enemies. It started hundreds of years ago because of a muddled bloodline, and only about sixteen years ago was it resided; with the birth of a child. Once this child was old enough to leave his mother, the fae lord known as Red'Za came to collect his debt and took the child away and into the fae world.

Red'Za had a habit of... collecting. His palace was full of bizarre objects and beings which he kept locked away. The child was not void of this fate. If it had not been for one of the lord's brothers, he would have stayed locked up in that palace for all of his mortal life, but he was taken pity on.

Green'Za, though he had come to use the name Phil'Za, had a habit of taking on the poor creatures whose lives were muddled by his brothers. He had done the same years prior with a little prince who had been given the head of a boar.

So for the past ten or so years the compensation, or as Phil'Za had been told, Tommy had been living with him, his other adopted son, Techno, and his wife in enjoyable chaos, but something has been off to Phil'Za recently... the world seems to be growing weak and dark. Something dark is looming over their shoulders...

here are all of the character designs so far! this will be added to any time major characters are introduced!

I hope you guys are excited, I'm going to try and write this as quickly and as best as I can as to not lose interest lmao

Thank you, and enjoy!