Falling Apart (College AU)

A/N: I know that this isn't a request, but I have been super unmotivated lately and have been bombarded by assessment tasks so I was hoping to get back into the swing of things through an idea I had come up with myself. I'm really sorry to everyone who has put in a request, I will try and get them finished ASAP.

Next: Bullies (Request)
Words: 1077
Warnings: N/A
Important Notes: L
eo and Y/N go to the same college, Leo studies engineering and you can study whatever your heart desires (by which I mean educational subject, not Leo).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes lazily as I lock the door behind me, I catch a glimpse of my watch in the lightening morning sky. 

4:47am

I was slightly ahead of schedule this morning which meant I could spend more time at Leo's house. After his break up with Calypso, he hadn't been the same. He wasn't coming to college, even on the days when they had an engineering prac. And Leo LOVED engineering pracs. I guess he had just loved her so much more than he had ever loved life. She had been his smile, his laugh and his life. The break up had taken all that away from him. And I was going to find a way to steal it back.

Taking a final deep breath in, I began the 45 minute walk to Leo's place. Once I arrived, I had already decided to cook him some pancakes. As I crossed a road, I knew the drivers were giving me curious looks, they always did. It was understandable, after all, what would a college age student like me be doing up at ridiculous-o'clock in the morning?

But it didn't matter what they thought was the answer, because I already knew what the real answer was. And he was worth all the early mornings, painstaking walks and 3 am getups. He was worth every breakfast I skipped, every wake-up call and every missed class.

To me, it didn't matter if the world started crumbling down around me, I would always be there every morning to get Leo through this. Because Leo is my Calypso. So I understand what it's like to loose someone that close. In fact, three years ago, I did. And when I got him back, I promised myself I'd never let him go again. 

My mind finally catches up to the rest of me when I realise, I've stopped moving. I'd arrived. I unlock the door using the key that Leo had given me because I had a tendency to visit quite a lot, even before his breakup with Calypso.

I drop my bag at the door and catch a glimpse of the clock on the wall as I head towards the kitchen.

It's 5:43 am.
I'll let Leo sleep in a little longer.

Taking the pancake mix out of the cupboard where I had left it yesterday, I began to follow the instructions on the packet. The smell of the soft delicacies making my mouth water. But I shook the idea out of my mind quickly. These were for Leo. To satisfy myself, I put a portable coffee cup under Leo's coffee machine (which he had installed simply because I was addicted to it and was constantly visiting his house) and prepared some for the walk to school.

At around 6:00, I collected the maple syrup, the ice cream, whipped cream and grabbed an assortment of berries. I ascended the stairs to Leo's room, not bothering to knock because I knew he'd still be asleep and placed the breakfast I had prepared onto his bedside table. Carefully making my way to his bed, I gentle began rocking him to wake him up.

"Hey Leo." I whispered. "Time to get up now."

A whine of complaint was all I got in return, but it was enough to tell me he had woken up.

"I made breakfast." I told him, holding it out towards his still buried face.

"Not hungry." He grumbled, rolling further away. "Wanna sleep."

"I made pancakes and ice cream." I insisted.

"Well, I suppose I've gotta wake up some time." He decided, emerging through his fort of blankets and pillows, reaching out for the meal I'd made for him.

"Feel like coming to school today?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes even though I knew he wouldn't.

"Not today." He mumbled through a mouthful of food. It was the same answer he always gave. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother asking, it's not like his answer is going to change. Oh well, if he does end up changing his mind, at least he knows he's more than welcome to come along with me.

We spent the next hour just chatting, him eating his pancakes and me drinking my coffee. On rare occasions, Leo would laugh are crack a small smile and I always cherished those moments. It was those moments that gave me the hope that maybe Leo wasn't all broken after all and that maybe he could bounce back from this.

It slowly began to roll around to 7:00 and I knew I had to leave. It would take just over an hour to walk all the way to school. I didn't have the money to pay for a bus ride (college amiright?) so that meant I had to walk everywhere (*sigh*).

"I have to go now." I warned.

"I know." Leo mumbled, sadness pooling in his brown eyes.

"Hey, it's okay." I cooed, pulling him into a good-bye hug. "I left some reheat downstairs for lunch and I'll be back again tomorrow morning. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer, but if I'm late for school again my grades might start slipping and you just know how my parents are going to react to that."

"Fair enough." Leo faked a smile. Gods I hated it when he did that, it hurt to see him do that.

With that, I went downstairs, picked up my bag and began the long trek to school. Later, I would arrive at 8:12 with enough time to get to my first class. However, instead of paying attention, I would spend the first period as I always did; thinking about how I was going to help Leo tomorrow.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Do ya'll want a part 2? I already have an idea for it, but if you want me to leave it here, I can.