Chapter 1- Jessie

I stared at the book of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, I always faced a wave of overwhelming emotion, ranging from angry to sad to sympathy. I felt this more towards the creature of Victor Frankenstein than of the man who made him. I wouldn't consider Victor a man; to put it lightly, he's a self-absorbed narcissist, but I digress.
         As I continued with my reading, I felt my phone buzz, I looked over and I grabbed it, as I looked at the screen, it was said to be my mom. I answered "hello".
        "Hey sweetie, how's your day?" mom's sweet voice spoke through my phone.
        "It's going ok I guess" I replied, I wish I wasn't going to jinx it.
        "I know sweetie but please try your best" mom replies as I sigh.
        "Ok" I started after sighing. I soon hung up and I looked over my phone. I saw a pair of eyes looking at me, rolled my eyes as I got up and grabbed my stuff.
        "Well if it isn't miss know it all" I heard a shrill voice from behind, I groaned and I turned the opposite direction I was looking at.
        "Well if it's Miss Barbie Doll" I stated. Her two minions gasped, Barbie, no literally her name is Barbie. Barbie snarled with hate and spitefulness.
         "You little brat!" she said as she shoved me back, I fell backwards due to the chair, my backpack was ripped open and my three books fell out of the bag. I groaned as I looked over, my books were opened and hovering just mere inches from the open pages were three words,I watched the letters fade and disappear as I soon fell unconscious. I soon woke up again, this time being dragged towards an unforeseen place, I didn't have the strength to fight back as I was thrown into something. I heard muffled voices speaking; "you sure no one will find her?" asked the barely audible voice of Barbie. I didn't hear the replay, I struggled to get to the surface but I was chained to a large rock.
        Come on Jessie you can do this! I mentally shout at myself, the figures near the water's edge vanished, but another figure stood in their place, a tall masculine figure, I could've sworn I saw wings fold and vanish. I didn't see anything else after that before going unconscious again for the second time. Later upon waking, I found myself in my room as I had left it. It was as if I never left this morning, I sat up and I looked around myself, my backpack and phone were in good condition. I hear the flipping of a page and I turn my gaze to only find myself looking at a man, who had dark black hair, a mustache and goatee. I wish to make notes that look good. He had defined muscles, he wore a red shirt, dark blue pants and old man shoes. What caught my attention was his unsetting red eyes. I soon realized he was reading a book, Twilight. I blinked a few times, he soon looked up at me and smiled, his incisors were long and pointed.
       "Oh Good you're awake, we feared that we were too late" his voice was deep and made him sound older and wiser. I just stared at him shocked and scared "Are you alright?" he asked now concerned as he got up and approached me.
        I immediately react by backing up and shouting "STAY BACK!".
       He looked rather concerned as he said calmly as ever; "Now, it's alright I mean you no harm" He said as he advanced, I soon pushed past him and I ran out. "WAIT!" he shouted from behind me as I ran downstairs, I came to a stop as I saw a VERY tall man raiding my fridge. He had scars all over his body, I covered my mouth in utter shock. The large man grabbed the milk, he then looked at me and he had bright yellow eyes, I backed up as the man from my room rushed down the stairs. "Frankenstein, I need you to back up from her for a moment," he said, I soon ran towards the bathroom and I stopped once seeing yet another man standing in my bathroom. He seemed to be focused on his hair, he seemed rather confused at himself.
      "How strange..." he said to his mirror reflection. I found myself screaming and he jumped from it. I fall backwards and I scramble to run. "W-wait! I'm sorry!" he said.
       I ran into the closet and I hid behind some clothes, I shook in terror from what was happening.
       "Look what you've done Cthulhu you scared her!" I hear the man from before shout.
       "ME?!," the man from the bathroom replied with anger, "You were in her room! You are just as responsible for her being scared as Frank and me!" he snaps.
       "I agree with Chal, we all contributed to her being frightened" spoke a voice who was as deep as the man from before but calmer and more gentle. "So please Dracula, don't go point any appendages here" spoke the man from beyond the door. I then came to the realization of who was talking, Dracula, Frankenstein, Cthulhu...those were then names of the monsters from my three favorite books with their respective names.
       I hear a sigh from beyond the door, "alright fine, we all had a part of it, but how are going to protect her without her being scared half to death of us?" I hear Dracula say.
      "I'll try to talk to her" I hear Frankenstein say, I immediately hide in the clothes, the door opens and Frankenstein peaks in, I shake in fear and he can tell I was scared due to the movement of clothing. "Hey hey it's ok, my friends and I mean you no harm" he said kneel down to me as I backed up. Frank moved the clothing out of the way as I backed up into the wall, "I guess you're wondering how and why we're here huh?" Frankenstein asked. I gave a scared nod, he smiled warmly and said "OK, well we need all three of us to tell that story, so can you please come out of the closet?" he asked as I looked around myself, I soon nodded again. Frankenstein was the first to come out of the closet. I soon hesitantly follow after as Frankenstein gestures Dracula and Cthulhu to back up.
      "Ok since we are needing to explain why we are here, I figure I'll start," Frankenstein states before clearing his throat. "Back in my book, I was feared by...pretty much everyone who encountered me, after I have done some things that I'm not particularly proud of, I grew resentful of myself, I felt that there was nothing to save from me...that was until a strange being approached me one day and said "I will give you a chance of redemption, God has seen your soul and deems you worthy to be redeemed"...and so I, along with Dracula and Cthulhu here, was given the task to protect you" Frankenstein said
     "Protect me from what exactly?" I asked rather curiously, they looked at each other for a moment and shrugged. "You guys don't know?" I asked.
     "We weren't sure, she did however tell us that creatures from a book like us will come here so here we are" Dracula said in reply.
     "Creatures from other books?!" I said now in a slight panic, they look concerned, "Great now I'm pretty much being hunted! And for what! Just existing!" I am now upset from my absurd predicament.
      Frankenstein looked down and sighed, I sighed and rubbed my eyes, groaning I went towards the couch and I sat down. I looked down as Dracula walked up and sat down next to me, so did the others and we four sat in utter silence for a while.
      "So who was the one who pulled me from the river?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.
      "That would be me" said Cthulhu "I saw those brats throw you in. So willing I would've killed them but I remembered what I was there for." he said leaning forward.
      "He's right, after your discovery we thought we were too late, but thankfully Cthulhu has water based abilities to remove the water from your respiratory system" Dracula said.
       "Oh...well...thanks," I said, holding my knees close to my chest. "But what are we going to do for tomorrow? Those bullies aren't expecting me to be there at school because they think I'm dead" I state as I can see Dracula smile from the corner of my peripheral vision.
      "Don't you worry your head over it Jessie. We'll be there for you" Dracula said patting my back, I felt reassured that justice will be served, and on a silver platter too. Everything happening beyond this point only proved to me more of everything that Frank, which is what I decided to call him by, told me in our first encounter. So the next day rolled around and I walked with utmost assurance that I was safe due to Dracula, Cthulhu, or as I call him Chal, and Frank was walking behind me.
      As I strode to my class, where all three of my bullies sat, once they looked to see me, I can tell by their shock that they weren't expecting to see me again. "Surprised to see me?" I asked as Barbie and the other two stood up.
     "But....I saw you fall!" Barbie said shocked as her shock became more prevalent as Dracula, Frank and Chal walked in behind me. "W-who are they?" she asked, backing up in shock.
      "These are my friends, one of whom saved me from drowning after you threw me in the river to drown to death" I state and the entire class gasped in horror, shocked that one is capable of such a thing.
      "HA! What proof do you have! You have no one to back up your claim and for all I know you swam and these freaks just showed up from nowhere!" Barbie shouted, she looked like she would fit in an insane asylum. "Once I thought you were gone I thought I could live my life without seeing your ugly face! I'll be more than happy to kill you again if I had the chance!".
      "MARIE JASMINE ANDERSON!" I heard my teacher's voice cut in behind the guys and me, Barbie's face became flushed with fear, knowing that she...was so busted. The teacher couldn't believe what she was hearing, the guys and I looked over as the teacher walked past us and marched towards Barbie. Wait. Barbie's real name is Marie? I soon come to realize that the only one who would know that...is her own MOM! I wanted to burst out laughing but I constrained myself. The guys however watched intently, Bar- Marie's mom pulled her daughter out of the classroom towards the office.
      I watched this all happen in a matter of minutes. I look towards the guys as they look at me rather...confused, they didn't understand what is going on in the slightest, I remembered that neither of them have parents so of course they wouldn't.
     "That was her mom we just saw, a basic parental figure" I said as they nodded. Class went rather smoothly, which was unusual due to Barb- Marie or any of her goons being there, partly I think due to the large men literally escorting me into the room. All was well, until I hear "Jessie Mondras please head to the office" I felt my heart stop immediately, but I reminded myself that it was for what happened between me and Barbie. I wanted the guys to come with me and so they followed me to the office. The moment we walked in, I got bombarded with police questioning me about what happened. Dracula and the guys get in between me and the officer.
     "I'll be the one to answer your questions," Dracula said in a straightforward manner. The Officer was surprised to say the least.
     "I just need an answer for what happened between her and the suspect," the officer said in reply.
      "He's right, I don't think you can answer that one buddy" I said to Dracula, I refrain from saying his name out loud. Because of the mass hysteria following it. Dracula caught my drift and backs off, but he eyes the officer, for a good long while. The officer was shaken as he felt all three glared at the guys staring at him, I did some glaring of my own as I glared at them, giving them a good indication to knock it off.
     "We'll wait out here for you" Frank said, I gave a nod and smiled. I was escorted towards the principal's office, I looked back at the guys as they watched me enter the room. I look back to see the principal, Barbie and her mom, and now me and the officer. I took a deep breath, sat myself on the chair and looked at the principal.
      "I'm pretty sure you know why you're here Jessie?" asked the principal. I only gave a nod, I didn't say anything cause knowing Barbie she would interject, but to my surprise she said nothing. "Young lady, I'm very disappointed in you, attempting to harm another student under the conditions of you dis-liking her is far past criminal." spoke the principal to Barbie. Who only had her head down the entire time he spoke, I felt a twinge of guilt rise in my chest, I clenched my fist tightly. "Jessie what you want to say to Marie?" the principal asked.
     "I want to say I forgive her," I told him. They seem surprised by this, weren't they expecting me to hate her? Well that's simply not the case, yes I am angry at her, but I would never hate her. Barbie looked at me, her shocked eyes said it all. I stood up and left, Barbie, her mom, the principal and the police officer, watched me as I approached my companions, Dracula looked at me and stood up, I looked at them and smiled. "Let's go home guys" I said as they nodded to me.
     As we headed home, I felt like someone...or something...was following us. It wasn't malevolent or anything, I did feel calm. I look up towards where I felt a presence. Frank stopped, he too sensed the presence and looked at the same stop, both Draula and Chal looked over to us and approached.
    "What's up Frank?" Chal asked as he looked up.
    "Someone is watching us. " Frank said as he pushed me behind them.
    "Fear not creature of Frankenstein, I mean no harm to the girl, good to see that you all are taking this task seriously" a sweet voice of a woman spoke before a cloaked figure with wings appeared. She wore a white hood that obscured her face so that we couldn't see it, Dracula and Chal were confused as they had every right to be.
    "Ma'am what do you mean?" Chal asked, the women gave a clear and visible smile.
    "God wishes to give you weapons to accommodate you in completing your mission" the woman stated. She clapped her hands together and spread them apart to form a very large sword. "For the creature, a sword, hand crafted from the angels" she said handing it to Frank. "May it serve you well" she said as Frank nods his head. She did the same for now a bow appeared; "for you Dracula, a bow, who's arrows bend the light," she said. Dracula took hold of the bow. The woman soon turned to Chal, she made the same gesture and spun the weapon around to form a spear like weapon, it had three points to it. "For Cthulhu, a trident, for the mastery of waters and oceans" she said handing it to him. She backs up from us, I walk forward, she looks to me finally. "Young child, these three were given to protect you, but you also must protect them," she said.
   "Of course," I said, "but...who are you?" I asked finally.
    The woman smiled and reached up and removed her white hood and revealed blonde hair, Frank gasps in shock. I look at Frank confused.
    "E-Elizabeth..." Frank finally stated and I widened my eyes, I turned back to the woman.
    "Hello creature...it's been long has it not?" Elizabeth said. Frank lowered his head and fell to his knees, ashamed of his past deeds. Elizabeth approached him and kneeled down, "now, creature...no need to be lowered by grief and anguish. God has forgiven, as have Clarval, William, Justine and I." she said lifting Frank's head.
     Frank only smiled, he had tears in his eyes. Elizabeth rose backs up.
    "I shall leave you to your mission..." she looked to the monsters and smiled, "Good luck" and with that, she vanished.
     We all sat there shocked, I looked over to them as Frank looked at the huge sword that was given to him, it's blade was long and shiny.
    "We should head to the house, Jessie has school tomorrow" Chal said, Dracula snapped out of his trace and shook his head.
    "Yeah we should he-" Dracula soon heard something and shouted "CHAL DUCK!" he said taking aim with his bow and drawing back the string, an arrow of light forms in he releases, Chal duck and the arrow hit what looked like a large insect, I gasped as the creature cried out and lands on the ground dead. Chal back up towards me and Frank with his weapon clinched in his hand, Dracula readied his bow again.
   "What the heck is that thing?" Chal said as Frank approached it and poked it with his sword, it didn't flinch or anything so it indicated that it was dead.
   "Don't know...but It's dead" Frank said.
   "It's a Terrorbug" I said shocked, they all look at me.
   "This thing...the Terrorbug...you know it?" Dracula asked, still having his bow drawn and ready.
   "....I made them" I said, this time they were shocked, just as much as I was. "I was writing them in my book "Space Invaders", which was inspired by a video game from the late 1970's under the same name" I said looking at them. Dracula sighed and lowered his bow.
    "Alright, let's just get you home and safe, we'll discuss the Terrorbug later" Dracula said. I looked at the Terrorbug and was shocked to see the Terrorbug disintegrated.