un

Y/N'S POV

as i walk out of my room, the smell of pancakes and bacon hit my nose.

"hey, i made breakfast" mackenzie smiled at me, putting the plates down on our dining table. she was never this nice, but who knows, maybe she just, changed?

she's been my roommate for around a year now, and since then, we've become pretty good friends.

i work at a bar part time called scarlet nights, it pays enough to pay half of the rent, and bills, and food. kenzie, on the other hand, is in medical school, but she had a week off, so she decided to chill, instead of stressing out about hypothyroidism or whatever.

i didn't go to university. not because i couldn't get in, but because i didn't want to. sometimes, just having a laid back life doesn't seem so bad.

i'm saving up to start a bakery, i've always loved baking, and it would be nice to do something you love for the rest of your life, right?

"thanks kenz" i smile, taking a bite of the pancakes.

"you know, you really should get a different job that pays better. maybe work as an accountant or something?"

"i don't wanna work full time, too much of a hassle. plus, i enjoy what i'm doing, it isn't too hard anyways, and i get paid pretty well."

"have you met any boys?"

"oh shut up, you know damn well i don't want to date yet"

"yeah 'cause you're scared of commitment? y/n you're 23!" kenzie teased.

she wasn't wrong, there was this really cute guy, and he was the sweetest. i still lived with my parents at that time, and i remember him tapping on my window just to give me presents at midnight. he was nice, he was good looking, he had money, he was tall, but i was scared.

i was scared to promise to love someone, then break the promise if i lose feelings.

i'm scared that what if one day they'd leave me for someone else?

what if one day, i suddenly wasn't good enough?

i took my mind off of it, and quickly finished up my food.

"hey, kenz, i'm gonna go skate for a bit, okay?"

"okay, wanna grab dinner before your shift starts tonight? my mom gave me some extra money for food, so"

"yeah, i'm down" i smiled. free fucking dinner baby.

*__+__*

THIRD PERSON POV

skateboarding. that's what she loved doing most when she had a lot on her mind. she feels free when she skates, which was what she loved most about it, she's been skating since she was around 13, and it has always been her favorite hobby since then.

jaeden martell. that was the guy who gave presents to her and sneak up to her window at midnight. he was the guy she was scared to love.