seize - finale

THIRD PERSON POV

"finn?" y/n asked in confusion after seeing the boy stand right in front of her.

the boy didn't respond. he just stood there in front of her, not even looking her in the eye.

"finn, say something! why the fuck would you just ghost me like that?" she shouted, as tears started to form in her eyes.

his eyes started to get teary, too. but she didn't notice as finn wasn't facing her.

"you know what? i fucking trusted you. i trusted you, finn. for a second there, i thought you did, too. and you're so fucked up for just leaving like that. i found true friendship when i found you, finn, but i guess you didn't find that in me." y/n cried out, as rain started to pour.

"i'm really disappointed in you, finn. now, if you want to say something, say it now. it's now or never" she continued, waiting for a reply.

finn faced her, coldly staring at her, trying not to show any emotions.

after a few moments passed by, she realized.

nothing was gonna save them now.

he doesn't care. he never did. and she had to accept that.

she turned around and started walking, until she heard someone running after her.

"i only did it because i-" finn started.

"because you what finn? what! i didn't deserve this at all. fucking damnit finn, i trusted you! you helped me through a lot and now you're just leaving? didn't i help you too?" the girl cried out, as she turned her back against finn once again, as she was about to walk away, drenched in the rain.

"I DID IT BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU, Y/N! I DIDN'T WANT TO RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP BECAUSE OF HOW I FELT, AND YEAH, I KNOW IT'S FUCKED UP BUT I LOVE YOU. I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU AND I KNOW YOUR AREN'T BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT Y/N, YOU HAVE MY ENTIRE FUCKING HEART IN YOUR PALMS." he screamed and eventually started to cry, as he was soaked in rain water.

y/n gasped and froze.

"finn .."

she ran towards him as quick as she could as their lips collided. this was all they wanted, and they had finally gotten it.

true friendship, true love, and true understanding. there was no turning back now.

they pulled back, looking at one another's pair of teary eyes, as they smiled and pulled back in for another kiss.

"i love you. i love you so much, adventure time boy"

"i love you. i'm so sorry"

they kissed one more time as they stood out in the rain. they finally felt it. they felt the connection, they felt the passion, but most importantly, 

they felt real love. something they had feared and despised.

maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

they found their person.

-

"and that's your dad and i's story" y/n chuckled, turning to her kids as she smiled at her husband.

"mom, why didn't you guys tell each other sooner?" luna, her eldest daughter aged 13 asked in curiosity.

"well, we didn't know it yet, and we were scared. honey, love isn't something to be feared. there may be some bumpy roads and some failed matches, but in the end, it'll all come to you in the right time. and no fear will be felt, you'll find your person one day, you'll just know it. everything comes and happens when it's supposed to." she smiled.

"that was so fucking cool, mom. i hope i'll fall in love when i get older, too" the 10 year old boy grinned.

"miles buddy, watch your language!" finn laughed.

all was well in the wolfhard household. the two had gotten married five years after everything happened, and had two beautiful children of their own.

so, it turns out, nothing was fucked, it was just fate tricking them.

everything works out in the end.

-

at last.