Overwrite

.

.

Splash

Sounds of water echoes through the white void as Shen yuan wakes up. It was a weird feeling, to directly feel the water - it's icy cold, giving him goosebumps. But the days old clothes he has on never dampened, not even a tiny bit.

He lets out a shaky sigh, beads of sweat forming and falling down his face. Feeling around Shen yuan can only feel water all over; but, strangely enough the water - while being wobbly as a jelly - he stays afloat by some unknown force. 

Where… is this…? 

Crystalline waters reflected everything like a mirror, having endless depths for as far as the eye can see. Droplets drip off of him as he moves, singing an unknown but familiar song. 

Drip..

Drip..

The sounds of dripping water echo all around, there are no walls, and neither does there seem to be an end to the large body of water. But still it echos and sings it's calming tune.

Shen Yuan’s mind was blank-he hadn’t finished processing the information. Everything had happened so fast…

One moment he was cursing out Airplane and his stupid novel...

But the next?

Large bouts of pain started out in his abdomen. After that is… endless white, for as long as he could remember of this weird situation.

Ah… the doctor did say his lactose intolerance was acting up…

Stupid expired yogurt!

Shen Yuan laughed bitterly, so he died in the most pathetic way imaginable. Food poisoning… And while cursing out airplane's stupid novel nontheless. 

One of the most well-known authors my ass! Shen Yuan could already feel the phantom feeling of blood crawling up his throat when the donghua was announced!

A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶m̶i̶u̶m̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶n̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶-̶

Well, he is sorta dead at the moment. 

The realization of that struck him like no other.. 

Slowly.. 

His arm moved, the sounds of the water desperately clinging on to his arm echoing, strangely hollow, in his ears. He let the water drip down, creating a serenade and letting fleeing droplets sing their tune. 

Drip 

Drip

Drip...

The small crystal beads sing their seemingly unending song. But along with them was another song that was accompanying them, unlike the waters belonging to the lake under him, it sings a song of regret.

.

.

.

Shen Yuan lay there, unmoving, thoughts racing yet feeling strangely… blank. Was he dead? Was this the afterlife? It doesn't seem like heaven nor hell, wherever this is. A large body of water in the middle of nowhere... The song of regrets had ended, leaving no traces of it ever been sung.