ring - k

another bby i miss 🥺. belift pls debut him soon!!

y/n and k had been dating for 4 years and had moved in together last year

y/n and k had been dating for 4 years and had moved in together last year. there were many nights spent on building a pillow fort in their lounge room and watching disney movies until one of them fell asleep. 

the talk of marriage was a chill and often topic- they both already acted as if they were married and at times- introduced each other as their spouse. the only argument surrounding marriage was about last names- both parties were stubborn and wanted to keep their last names. they resolved it after 5 days and just decided to keep their last names as they were. 

it was nearing their 4th anniversary and k was starting to panic- he was planning on proposing to y/n and had spent hours stressing over how to do it and what ring to choose. all his plans started to collapse around him, first the weather forecast said that was going to be a giant thunderstorm, then the flowers he was going to give to y/n got eaten by someone- more specifically, one of hanbin's cats- and finally, as if it couldn't have possibly gotten worse, k lost the ring. 

y/n on the other hand was quite chill and just doing normal household tasks, like washing the dishes and doing the laundry. she was oblivious to her other half panicking and having an internal mental breakdown just in the other room. humming to herself as she started folding the laundry, a small clink sound caught her attention as she looked to see what it was that made the sound. y/n saw a small, beautiful ring- the design was quite simple, others would've classified it as boring, but to y/n, it was incredibly beautiful. 

having guessed that k was going to propose to her, y/n let out a small laugh. there was a reason that they were perfect for each other. y/n looked at the small ring in her palm and decided to do exactly what k had planned.  

~small time skip~

'babe, I made us dinner!' y/n says, gaining soft footfalls from her love. 'it looks delicious honey, thank you so much' k said, pressing a tender kiss to the side of her forehead. 

all throughout dinner, k seemed on edge, as if he was still looking for something. y/n on the other hand couldnt help but feel excited- she was going to propose to her soulmate. once they had finished their dinner, y/n cleared her throat and got out of her chair. k watching in confusion as she slowly knelt on one knee in front of him and reaching for something in her pocket. 

as y/n brought out the ring box, k finally caught on and was- to say the least- surprised. 'so, I found this whilst I was cleaning today and thought that it was about time we got engaged. I could not imagine a better person for me- you always know if something is bothering me and how to deal with it, you have endless patience and an incredible sense of humour. we already have two kids- taki and niki, all our little family is missing is for you to say yes.' y/n said, smiling and taking the ring out of its protective box. 'will you, k, make our lives perfect and marry me?' she finishes, looking up at her beloved. k had tears in his eyes, but quickly wiped them away and nodded furiously. 'of course I will! I wanted to propose first, but this works just as well' he said, scooping his fiancée up in his arms and spinning around, both parties laughing in pure joy. 

as they stopped spinning, y/n leaned closer to k's face and left a soft kiss on his nose. 'I love you so so much, I hope you know that. so so much. also, can I be the one to wear the engagement ring?' k threw his head back and laughed before agreeing and then proceeding to shower his fiancée's face in kisses. 'I'm so lucky to have you in my life- I love you more than our known universe.'

———

hahaha, guess who cried from the cuteness of this one. 

hint: it's me.

also, I'm sorry I didn't update sooner! school just got a bit stressful, I'll try and update sooner ^^;;;

hope you enjoyed it!!