confetti- jay

is written both for a friend and for jay's (late) birthday. oh and, stream drunk dazed and fever cowards

 oh and, stream drunk dazed and fever cowards

Y/N'S POV

i look down at my outfit and lightly brush any potential dirt off my skirt, sighing softly. it was one of the first times i'd actually been bothered to go to a party. and had actually been invited to one..

i check the invitation briefly in my hand. the address matched the one i was standing in front of. 'i guess there's no going back now huh' i say under my breath and open the door.

THIRD POV 

as y/n opened the door to the party, the smell of sweat and alcohol instantly reached her nose, wrinkling it on instinct. 

needing a space to breathe, as it she was feeling a little claustrophobic, y/n pushed through the many amounts of people, somehow seeming to multiply with every step she took. 

feeling as if it had taken her years, y/n finally managed to reach an area that looked like a living room where less people were gathered. feeling awkward and out of place, y/n gravitated to a pillar and tried to not look as awkward as she felt. 

-

despite it being a party that jay and his friends had organised and thrown, jay wasn't feeling all that comfortable with the amount of people who had shown up. it seemed as if it were the entire school that had attended, though if he was being completely honest, they probably did, due to sunoo inviting everyone he talked with. 

jay looked around the party, he'd already greeted his friends and was sucking on a lollipop- the task giving him something to do. his eyes eventually landed on a girl standing alone. he recognised her from several of his classes, she was quiet but engaged a fair amount in the class discussions. they'd talked on a number of occasions, and jay'd be lying if he said he didn't like her or find her attractive. 

not wanting her to be alone, jay walked over to where she was standing. 'hey, how you doing' he said, leaning against the pillar. 'i'm doing alright, it's just a bit new to me.' y/n replied, rubbing her right forearm lightly. 'you can just relax and hang out with me.' he said, holding y/n's left hand to stop her from rubbing her arm raw. 'uh yeah sure, thank you!' y/n said gratefully.

'eyy mate! come over here!' jake called from the otherside of the room. 'y/n, you wanna go there?' jay said, lightly squeezing her hand and looking at her. 'ah sure,,' y/n said, playing with their joined hands, making jay smile softly. 'let's go then!' he said, intertwining their fingers and walking back to where his friends were, y/n walking a little behind him.

'oooo, is this your girlfriend jayy?' sunghoon joked. 'ahh, no, we aren't dating' y/n said, voice shaking a little from nerves. 

the conversation drifted away from that topic and became easy and filled with laughter. jay, seeing y/n loosen up, tried to let go of her hand, so as to not embarrass her. y/n immediately held his hand tighter, so that their hands stayed joined- making both of jay and y/n smile softly.  

the music that was playing in the background got a bit louder. 'you want to dance?' jay said. y/n just smiled and tugged him to where others were dancing. 

at some point whilst they were dancing, someone- probably jake- threw confetti across the room, some of which getting stuck in y/n's hair. 

JAY'S POV

she looks so cute dancing, her smile was infectiously happy and her eyes were sparkling with joy. 

y/n had a little bit of confetti in her hair. I couldn't help but notice it and reached to gently take it out. 

THIRD POV

y/n looked at jay slightly shocked. 'uhm, thank you jay haha' y/n said softly. 'no worries hahah' he replied, the situation getting awkward. 

jay started overthinking what happened when a light pressure on his cheek broke him out of his thoughts. y/n had pressed a kiss to his cheek. 'you missed' jay said frowning. y/n laughed and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. 'i like you, a lot'

'i like you too'

---

a/n: hAHA, THIS IS CALLING ME SINGLE IN 30+ LANGUAGES THANKS. hope you liked it, I really enjoyed writing this (i am still a loyal riki stan- worry not)!