Show stopping performance

Luz POV: 

Amity's body shifted with a low groan, making me barely open my eyes. She moved until she was lying on her other side, her back now facing me. Squinting, I took a quick glance around the room without moving my head, noting that it had to be early in the morning. 

A yawn pushed up from my body and I ended it by barely pressing my forehead against Amity's back, completely aware of the tiredness that still clung to my body. It was quiet in the rest of the room, save from the breathing and the few soft snores from everyone else, along with the occasional mumble from King while he slept. 

I closed my eyes again, still pressing my head against Amity. Even though I was pressed up against the warm witch, I felt cold. It always happened after I woke up from that nightmare, which was still clawing at the back of my mind. My eyebrows slowly bunched together, and taking in a deep, shaky breath, I took one of my arms away from Amity. 

Reaching down to my side, I tapped a few spots, relief sweeping over me when I couldn't feel any kind of sticky feeling covering the palm of my hand. I wrapped my arm back around Amity's waist, also glad that I couldn't feel anything on her sides either. 

Maybe if I was lucky, I could fall back asleep and make up for the bit of time I missed last night. After all, there was a show tonight, I needed to be awake. I tugged Amity a little closer to me, my eyes snapping open when I heard her wake up with a soft snort, bringing her hands up to her face. 

She stretched her arms out, then froze up when she realized I was pressing against her back. "Luz?" Her husky voice quietly called out, testing to see if I was awake since she couldn't see me. I let out a hum in response, feeling her quickly relax in my arms. 

I moved my head back a little, and after a moment, Amity carefully flipped onto her other side so that she was facing me, her arm wrapping around me. I rested my head in the crook of her neck, feeling the witch let out a shiver when my breath hit her skin.

"How was the rest of your sleep?" She asked me, bringing her other hand up to run her fingers through my hair. I shrugged, giving her another squeeze in response. 

"I feel like it didn't last long enough." I let out a half hearted chuckle, which shifted into another yawn. "Sorry about waking you up, I know you probably wanted as much sleep as possible considering there's a show tonight." My voice dropped to a volume barely above a whisper, guilt starting to seep through my veins. 

"Don't apologize." She told me, her tone soft yet firm. "It's okay, and besides, you didn't wake me in the first place, Boscha did." 

"Oh..." I mumbled, leaning a little more into Amity's touch. The two of us went quiet for a moment, then I could feel the witch shift a little, almost making me pull away. However, she pulled me closer to her, still running her fingers through my hair. 

"Do those nightmares happen often?" Amity asked, breaking the silence and making me tense up. 

I let out a bit of a nervous chuckle, resting my head against her shoulder a little more. "I mean, I wouldn't say they happen all the time... but yeah..." I scrunched my eyes shut, giving the witch another squeeze that made her squeak. "Normally though, it's just me and him... last night was different."

My voice was soft, making me wonder if Amity picked up what I just said. She stayed quiet for a moment. "And what do you usually do when those happen?" 

I stayed quiet for a moment, then spoke again. "Sit and wait it out... somehow draw out some light spells to calm down." Amity's motions paused for a moment, then she continued. "I really don't like bugging Eda or King when it happens since it's so late, so I normally just deal with it on my own."