Before her show

Luz POV: 

I drummed my fingers against my bed, staring up at the ceiling. My room was quiet, making things a lot more boring then they needed to be. I decided to look around the room, trying to find something to distract myself with. 

First my gaze landed on the window, where bright rays of sun poked through the curtains, casting the floor in their light. From the looks of it, it had to be an hour or two before sunset. I let out a small sigh, right about now was the time Amity would usually show up, but it looks like she's running late today.

Running a hand through my hair, I tried to shape part of it into a horn, chuckling when it would just flop back down. While I continued to do that, my eyes wandered until they landed on my songbook at the table by my side. 

Amity brought it a couple of days ago when I asked her to, it gave me something to do during the day. In fact, I managed to finish writing Little Miss Perfect while I was here, and once I can get back in the action, we'll start to practice it. 

The thought of us performing the song brought a smile to my face. "My song being performed on stage... who would've thought?" I muttered out loud before chuckling. I glanced out the window again, debating if I should grab my songbook and start doodling or not. 

"No, gotta keep that book professional." I told myself, reaching out for the book and plucking it off the table. Cracking it open, I picked up the pencil, twirling it in my fingers for a minute before tapping it on my chin. "But..." I dragged out, a smile slowly forming on my face. "One little doodle wouldn't hurt!" 

My pencil carefully sketched out lines for a tiny doodle in the corner of a page, slowly turning into what I was thinking about. The little doodle brought a smile to my face, which only made me work faster to complete it. 

Suddenly, my door opened, and at first I didn't pay it any mind. "Howdy!" I called out to whoever walked in, not looking up from my book. 

"Sorry I'm late!" A familiar voice said, instantly making me look up. There stood Amity, wearing a thick strapped black tank top and long grey shorts, her hair pulled into a ponytail. "I would've been here sooner, but Ed and Em were being jerks." She mumbled, making me laugh. 

"Well, better you show up late rather than never!" I chirped, making her smile. As quick as I could, I struggled to sit up. Amity moved over by my side, pulling a chair closer to my bed before taking a seat. "Though I will admit, it's been pretty boring without you here. I mean, sure King and Eda dropped by earlier, but that made it more boring when they left." 

Amity chuckled, softly shaking her head. "Whatever you say." She said, placing her hand over top of mine and sending small electric jolts up my arm. I could see her eyes darting over my page for a moment, then she let out a snort. "Is that me?" 

I glanced down at my book, my eyes widening when I realized. Quickly, I slammed the book shut, letting out a fit of nervous chuckles. "What? No!" A few more chuckles escaped me as my gaze darted between the witch and the book, but she only laughed. 

"Are you sure?" She managed to ask, her ears flapping slightly. I let out a sigh, placing the book back on the table. 

"Yes I'm sure. Now, what took you so long to get here? You're normally never late." I stammered, quickly trying to change the conversation. My face was starting to burn, but I was hoping she wouldn't notice. Amity's chuckles died down, but she was still smiling. 

"Again, I'm sorry about that." She rubbed the back of her neck, one of her ears twitching. "I needed to talk with Em about a real special effect I want to do for the show tomorrow and Skara wanted to know some more stuff about the band. You remember who Skara is, right?" I thought about it for a moment, then shrugged.