The audition

Luz POV:

Amity was still saying something to her siblings, the blush on her face slowly getting darker and her ears pinned down. "It's not funny!" She hissed, her hands clenched in tight fists while the twins struggled to stifle their laughs. 

"You're right Mittens, it's hilarious." Emira snorted, nudging her brother a few times. "Honestly, you're lucky I stopped Edric before he slipped up and said something."

The youngest Blight immediately turned her attention to her brother, shooting him a terrifying death glare. Edric held his hands out defensively, a nervous smile plastered on his face. "Hey relax! I didn't say anything!"

"But you almost did!" Amity punched Edric's arm, her voice going a higher pitch. "And I would've hung your head over the mantle if you had!" The twin's eyes widened, a low, nervous chuckle escaping him. 

I listened in on their conversation, silently wondering to myself what Amity was talking about. Then, I was startled when I felt a hand lightly push me forward, and looking behind me, I was met with the three eyed witch. 

"Nervous?" She asked me with a smirk. I looked down at my drumsticks, giving them a light squeeze, the adrenaline still flowing through my veins.

"Maybe a little..." I admitted, letting out a shaky sigh. Boscha laughed, placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at the witch, noticing how only two of her three eyes were looking at me. Her third eye stared behind me, which I assumed she was looking at the Blight siblings. 

"Don't be. You'll be fine." Boscha said, now all three of her eyes focusing onto me as she gave me a comforting smile. She then gave me a slap on the back, making me wince. "Besides, when did Luz Noceda get nervous? It's just an audition after all." 

"It's not just the audition I'm nervous about..." I mumbled, turning my gaze to the Blights, specifically Amity. Boscha followed my gaze as she folded her arms over her chest. 

The siblings were still bickering, but now it looked like the twins were just poking fun at their younger sister rather than Amity chewing them out. Boscha stepped forward, softly shaking her head. 

Then, Boscha loudly cleared her throat, gaining their attention. "Can we move on to the audition now? You guys can continue your little spiel later." Amity furrowed her brows, sticking her tongue out at her siblings before rolling her eyes and walking away. 

Edric moving away from the table and stretched, then he perked up and made his way over to the sound room. "I'll get my drums out here for ya!" He said to me with a wink, shooting finger guns at me. 

He disappeared into the room, leaving the door open. Emira pulled out her scroll, her eyes moving across its screen as she slowly took a seat in a chair by the table. Amity reappeared from wherever she disappeared to, her eyes meeting mine. 

She gave me an encouraging smile, her golden eyes lighting up. "Uh, guys?" Edric poked his head out of the sound room, the rest of his band members looking over at him with an eyebrow raised. "Where'd we put my drum set?" 

Boscha shrugged, walking over to a chair by Emira and taking a seat. His sisters looked at each other, then back to him, also shrugging. The twin sighed, an annoyed look on his face. 

I watched as he trudged by, mumbling things under his breath. The only thing I heard as he passed was "If he decided to move my drums..." before he went to the studio's front door and pulled it open, carefully closing it behind him. 

"Welp, it might be a minute till he comes back." Emira said shaking her head. "Especially if Matt moved his set to the spare storage." 

"Why would he move it there?" I asked, moving over by Amity and leaning against the wall. Amity looked away from me, her ears moving down slightly as a pale pink blush appeared on her cheeks.