Colorful Fish- Sirius Black x Reader

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Your mother had begged you to break things off with Sirius more times than you could count on one hand. It was one of the few things you didn’t let her convince you to do. Her words were sweet but the aftertaste was always bitter. 
So instead she ignored his existence, pretending you were single as she shoved your neighbor’s son's down your throat. You learned to live with it just as she learned to turn a blind eye to the roar of your boyfriend’s motorcycle. 

Out of all the ways you expected to wake a shrill scream was not one. Your heart launched and you popped upwards just as your mother slammed your door open. Its knob hit your wall so hard she would find chipped paint behind it later that night. 
“Mom, what’s wrong?” You asked in a mild panic half expecting Micheal Myers to come crashing in after her. 
But no one followed and instead, she stared at you in a way you had never seen before, her eyes narrowed her mouth in a tight scowl that reminded you of cracked leather, “You little slut.” she hissed.
Your eyes widened, “Mom?” 
“You whore!” She shrieked and you flinched, knees coming to your chest, “I always knew you would embarrass our family like this.”
    Your vision blurred, “What are you talking about?”
The pregnancy test hit you in the cheek hard enough to sting and your stomach churned.
“Get out.” your mother snarled. 
“Mom, I swear I never meant for you to find out.” You whimpered.
She stiffened, “So you were just gonna kill the baby then?” 
You weren’t sure how to respond.
“I will not have any sluts in my house let alone murders.” She heaved, “Call your satanist boyfriend and get out of my house.” With that, she turned on her heels and slammed your door shut behind her. 

    Sirius woke to the sound of his phone ringing again, he groaned, his eyes opening slowly as he tried to process the bright world around him. His phone was on its last ring when he finally picked up. 
    “Hey y/n/n what's-” He stopped as a broken sob met him.
    You spoke no actual words, only nonsense cut by sniffles and whimpers.
    Sirius was shocked awake already out of bed, phone pressed to his ear by his shoulder. “Baby, I need you to calm down.” He spoke slowly, “What’s going on, where are you?”
    “I-I,” another sob, “She kicked me out Siri.” you cried. 
    “What? Who? Your mom?” He asked, trying to wrap his mind around what was going on. 
    You nodded only realizing he couldn’t hear you a couple of seconds after, “Yeah, She-” You hiccuped, “She found the pregnancy test a-and,” You broke into sobs again. 
    Sirius stopped in his tracks. Right. You’re pregnant, “I'll be there in ten minutes okay?” 
    You nodded again, “Okay.” 
    “Do you want me to stay on the line?” Sirius asked as he attempted to put jeans on with one hand. 
    “No, it's not safe to dive on the phone.” You croaked, “I gotta pack anyway.” 
    “Okay, I love you y/n.” 
    “Love you too.” 
    The line clicked and Sirius swore throwing his phone onto his unmade bed just go pick it up again and call Remus. 
    His friend picked up after two rings, “Jeez Sirius did someone die? You’re never up this early.”
    Sirius wished he found that funny, “Y/n’s pregnant.” 
    Silence greeted him back, “You’re kidding.” 
    “I really wish I was,” He sighed, “Her bitch mother found out and kicked her out too.”
    A pause, “Oh shit.”
    “Yeah. Look I’ve gotta go pick her up but I’m gonna call you back later okay?” 
    ”Got it.”

    When the tears finally died the numbness came back like the effects of some sort of drug. You packed in silence shoving everything you could fit into a backpack you had from a trip you took in the 10th grade and a duffle bag, which still smelled like your field hockey socks. 
    The doorbell didn’t even ring, instead, you heard a shriek followed by heavy footsteps. Sirius entered your room and slammed your door on your mother who was chasing him down the hall. 
    Neither of you spoke as he drew you into a hug, your chin on his shoulder watching the door which never opened. 
    “You packed?” He asked and you nodded gesturing at the bags on your bed. 
    As you exited your room your mother just glared at you. You hung your head, tears landing on your sneakers. 
    Sirius felt his anger grow hot, it was never easy to tame and it roared loud in his ears. He stopped just inside the house watching as you descend the porch before turning to your mother who stared at him from the living room. 
    He scowled at her sneer, “Go fuck yourself, you bitch.” he spat, middle finger in the air. 
    You pretend nothing happened as you climbed onto his motorcycle tightening your backpack straps and whipping your tears. 

    You found yourself over Sirius’s toilet vomiting as you sobbed. He could do nothing but hold your hair away from your face and rub circles on your back, his own vision clouded by tears. You passed out not but twenty minutes later, crying yourself to sleep on his chest. After about an hour of watching you sleep, Sirius heard a knock on the door. He got up carefully, you didn’t even stir. 
    He opened the door to see Remus, his hands shoved into the pockets of his denim jacket. Sirius welcomed him in and he sat at the coffee table as Sirius got them each a beer. 
    “Is y/n here?” Remus asked.
    “Yeah, she’s sleeping,” Sirius responded. 
    Remus nodded, taking note of the red tinge around his friend’s eyes, “Do you guys have any idea what you’re going to do?” 
    Sirius shook his head, “We haven’t even talked about it yet, when she got here she started throwing up and then passed out.” 
    Remus waited a moment, “Do you want to keep it?” 
    Sirius wasn’t surprised by the question, he had been asking himself the same for hours now, “I don’t fucking know, I mean, we’re nineteen, we haven’t even talked about marriage yet, let alone kids.” His thoughts swirled, “And I haven’t even spoken to my parents since I was sixteen and now her mom practically disowned her I mean,” He sighed, “I just don’t know.”
    “Whatever you guys decide you know James, Lily, and I will be here for you,” Remus said patting Sirius on the shoulder. 
    He nodded, “I just can’t believe her mother kicked her out. I mean she’s her only daughter ya know and I just- I knew they hated me but I never thought she would do this to her.” 
    “Parents do terrible things Pads, you should know that.” Remus sighed.
    “Yeah, but you should have seen the way her mother looked at her. It was like she had committed some unforgivable crime or something, it was like she actually hated her.” 
    “It’s cuz she does.” You murmured dully from the hallway. 
    Sirius froze and Remus shifted uncomfortably. 
    You gave them both a battered smile, “It’s fine, it’s not like I don’t know.” 
    “Y/n I-,”
    “Really, it’s fine Sirius.” You said taking a seat beside him, “I’m over it.” That was a blatant lie. 
The three of you talked about meaningless things for a while, the distraction feeling like a breath of fresh air amongst the garbage you had been shoved into. You ordered Chinese takeout offering for Remus to stay for dinner but he explained he had classes in the morning and should probably be studying. 
    The easy atmosphere only lasted for a bit after he left and by the time dinner had arrived you felt like crying again. 
    Finally, Sirius brought it up, “So what do you want to do?” he spoke solemnly.
    You paused a shuddering sigh leaving your lips, “We can’t have a kid Sirius.” 
    “If you wanted to we could make it work.” Sirius countered.
    “We can’t have one Siri.” You repeated.
    “Listen y/n I could make it work, I would propose and-” 
    You scoffed.
    Sirius furrowed his brows, “What?”
    “Nothing.” 
    Maybe it was the fact that he hadn’t slept even 5 hours the night before or maybe it was because he was stressed but for some reason that hurt, his thoughts spiraling, “You wouldn’t marry me?” 
    You looked confused, “What? I never said that.” 
    “You don’t have to.” He glared at you.
    “What are you talking about Sirius?” You asked.
    “I’m talking about the idea of me proposing to you being so laughable.” He snapped.
    Your face contorted in anger, “First of all I didn’t laugh at you, second it’s ridiculous because we are NINETEEN!” 
    More hurt, his thoughts went darker, “So you are admitting you wouldn’t marry me?” 
    “Right now I wouldn’t.” you respond. 
    Your words stung, “Why not?”
    “I just told you!” You yelled, “We’re too young!” 
    Sirius paused, you were right, you were too young, “You’re right I’m sorry.” he sighed, “I’m just kind of tired right now.” 
    “I know Siri,” You mumbled, “I am too.” 
    Silence fell as you both found yourself trying to pull together a piece of your sanity. The clock ticked and the wind shuddered the windows in their frames. 
    “I don’t want a kid Sirius.” You sighed, “I know you don’t either.” 
    He didn’t protest, you were right yet again.
    “I’m going to go to the clinic tomorrow.” You spoke, “It’s definitely the best option.”
    “What about your mom.” Sirius asked, “You know she would never forgive you.” 
    There was another moment of quiet, “I think I’m okay with that.”  you spoke and you were telling the truth. 

    A strange sense of relief filled you as you sat in the clinic's parking lot, you were finally putting this behind you, your life could go somewhat back to normal. Except for the fact that you were going back to your house in two days when you knew your mom was gone to clean out your room of course. It felt good to be out of that house, the eggshells you were so used to walking on being replaced by Sirius hardwood floors and patterned rugs. Something about all of this felt right, like you had taken that leap and instead of hitting the harsh rock you expected, you hit warm water filled with colorful fish. 

    Your mother didn’t try to contact you for years, sometimes you forget she even existed. You kept yourself busy, finally deciding on a major for college and helping Lily and James with a wedding and then a child. 
    Living with Sirius was like a dream, sometimes when you got up early you would just watch him sleep, his hair always hanging in front of his eyes as he took slowed, heavy breaths. You taught him how to properly cook food, something he had been incapable of doing for far too long. You were truly happy for the first time in a while. 

    When you were twenty-two Sirius got on one knee and you could not have said yes faster. You were ready then. 
Three weeks before the wedding you got a call from your mother. You damn near dropped the phone when you heard her voice. Part of you expected an apology the other part knew she was far too stubborn. And she was, you didn’t even listen to her lecture on how you were marrying a nobody, instead, you hung up and blocked the number. 
    You had the wedding in late spring, just before the flowers began to wilt and turn to leaves, Remus got himself ordained and you sealed it all with a kiss under a cherry tree. You and Sirius were okay with having no relatives at your wedding because while no blood of yours was in the audience your true family was and that was all that mattered. 

Sorry for my inactivity guys, and thank you again for all the support. if you live in America like me I hope you are safe right now and this helps distract you from the election <3