Magnolia Pt. 2- Sirius Black x Reader

Your legs had gone numb, you had been running for far too long. The heavy skirt you wore dragging in the dead leaves and catching on branches. Your hands were already skinned from being thrown to the ground. Your knees gave up, buckling, raw cuts dug back into the ground.
Panic had consumed you, the smell of smoke thick in your nose even though the flames were miles behind you, the screams echoed around you. Your lungs burned, embers still caught in your hair. You swore you could smell the cooking flesh.
You still heard the faint whispers. "What an unfortunate accident" they mocked "Your father must have forgotten to set a timer. The oven always got too hot."
They smirked at you, breath hot in your ear, "The building was flammable, it must have caught quickly. Too quick for them to escape."
"It was such a terrible mistake." They laughed.
But it was no mistake.
"I said no!" You screamed at no one, the woods answering with your echo. "I said no." You dropped to the ground, you were too tired to cry anymore. You had said no, but I didn't matter anymore, what was done was done. Death wasn't reversible. The only reason you were still living was because you hadn't died.

You no longer wore heavy skirts. You had traded the ribbon in your hair for beads and braids. A satchel was replaced by a holster, books by guns, pastries with knives. You had adapted, the world wasn't simple and you couldn't pretend it was anymore. So you changed. You made yourself strong, you gave yourself the power and then you used it to stay in command. You decided what happened to you now, you made decisions for yourself and no one else. You lived for you. You had no one else to live for.

The white sails in the distance brought you excitement, your thirst for blood hot in your mouth. You recognized the symbols upon them, they had been plastered onto flags and banners around you for 18 years.
"The cannons are set," Adrie spoke, you could see the glee in her own eyes.
You nodded, "Good." you felt a grin take your lips, "They aren't stupid, they will be prepared for a fight."
"So are we." She grinned, her curved blade spinning in her hand.
"Good." You repeated, "We burn the ship to the ground."

You were true to your word, you and your crew overtook the royal vessel with ease, their soldiers were ill fit for the brutality of your own men.
Your blade slid easily through the knight's throat, he tried to intake a breath choking on his own blood in a disturbing gurgle. You kicked him off your blade and sent him flipping over the side of the ship. You snapped the sword down, blood whipping onto the dark planks of the deck.
The fighting around you had died out and shouts were now replaced with laughter as gold and jewelry was loaded onto your own ship, there wasn't as much as you anticipated, but there was still plenty. Not to mention the six barrels of liquor that had been found below deck.
Your pleasant mood was ruined by a harsh cry.
"Stowaway!" a scream followed the reveal.
You sprinted towards the sound your boot thudding heavily on the swaying boat. You jumped bellow deck ignoring the latter completely and wincing as you landed harshly on your left ankle. You continued regardless, turning a corner to face Adrie.
Her bright eyes were wide, the shine of a blade decorating her neck. A man in a dark hood held her against his chest, "Back away now!" he shouted only tightening his grip on your friend.
The man's eyes lifted to meet yours and the sword gripped in his hand slipped to the ground with a clatter. He began to speak but was cut off as Adrie struck his shin, turning swiftly and cracking her knuckles under his chin.
The man crashed backward, managing to get his hands out to catch himself before he was pushed by the blonde's foot into the ground, his head hitting the hardwood, hood dropping behind him.
You felt your world spin as you looked into the stowaway's eyes, they were wide with fear and confusion, his dark hair spilling around him.
Adrie dropped to one knee, a knife held in her hand as she prepared to split the skin of his neck.
"Stop!" You shouted, desperation laced into your voice.
She looked up at you confused, her blade paused just above his Adam's apple which bobbed as he took in a sharp breath.
"I can't beli-" he began.
"Shut up." You hissed, your mind reeled, you tried to think clearly but all that would come to you were muddled memories of pink flowers.
"Captain?" Adrie asked, her knife still hovered.
"Don't kill him." You spoke sternly, finally regaining part of your sanity.
Her face twisted in anger, "Why the hell not?" she spat.
You scoffed eyes still locked on the deep grey, "His life is worth double ours and more"
She furrowed her brows, "Do you know him or something?"
"Or something." You replied.
"Well, who the fuck is he?"
"This is the Prince of Altair." You answered, "There are a lot of people willing to pay a pretty penny for his head."
She frowned, "He doesn't look much like a prince, how can you be sure?"
You didn't respond, "Tie him up. I want him bellow deck."