Your Dog- Sirius Black x Reader

You have always loved animals. Since you were young your favorite place had been the zoo. You would sit in front of the glass and stare for hours at a tiger napping in the shade or a monkey swinging from branch to branch. When you were 11 and was shown an entire world of magical creatures to discover and investigate you had practically burst. Before your first year at Hogwarts you had read Newt Scramanders book of Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them from cover to cover 5 times over. 
Despite the fact that there were millions of creatures which you could choose from, each with more interesting and fascinating abilities than the last, you had chosen a very simple favorite.
You had spent the months before your sixth birthday begging for a puppy. Your parents' hearts could only take so much of your wide desperate eyes before they gave in. Your efforts had been rewarded by a large box, unwrapped with a bright red bow on top. 
Inside rested a small mutt, her long fur a dark grey splotched with dusty brown. Her huge golden eyes inspired the name Sunshine although you had taken to calling her Sunny instead. 
Each year when you left for school despite the excitement of a new year your heart would ache with the sorrow of leaving Sunny behind. Not once had you been able to leave your house without large tears sliding down your cheeks and soaking into her fur as you sobbed out goodbyes.
Your mother always jokes you missed your dog more than her while you were away and you always responded saying you did. Maybe it was the blaring innocence of the animal or its fierce loyalty or maybe it was just because she was your one and only pet but dogs would always remain your favorite. 

"Merlin Padfoot, you're like her dog." Remus said with a roll of his eyes as Sirius sped past him to snatch your books from your arms. 
You groaned a complaint explaining how you were perfectly capable of carrying a couple books but the blush of your cheeks only egged him to swing your bag off your shoulder as well. 
You crossed your arms and glared at him, lacking any malice you had intended to fake. 
Sirius took the way you were leaning just a bit closer to him as a victory and only grinned wider.
James grimaced, "This is hard to watch." 
Remus bit back a laugh, "You're one to talk." 
"Oh come on, there is no way I'm that bad." 
"Please Prongs, you're far worse." 
James stopped where he stood and gasped. Remus, who was picking up speed to catch up with Sirius, left him behind with a grin.
"Take that back!" James shouted, jogging down the hallway.

By the time the four of you reached the hall for lunch James and Remus were in a heated argument you chose to ignore. Despite your disinterest it was clear Remus was winning as he always seemed to be. 
You took a seat next to Alice, your other side quickly occupied by Sirius who threw his arm around your shoulders, an arm you quickly swept away. After trying twice more he gave up, pouting as he snatched a roll and some chicken from the plates in front of him. 
"Did you ever finish that Defense against the Dark Arts essay?" You asked Remus who now sat in front of you, James and Peter on either side. 
"Yeah, I finished it last night." He responded ignoring Peter who had snatched some chocolate from his bag. 
"Awesome, I've been struggling to find similarities between the bat-boggie hex and the Avis charm. Do you mind helping after dinner tonight?" 
"Not at all." He hummed.
Sirius watched the exchange with mild jealousy, "You wouldn't mind if I joined, would you Moons?" 
"I would." You started sharply before Remus could respond.
Sirius's face crumpled, "What? Why?" 
"You always end up being a distraction and no one ever gets anything done." You explained coolly.
"Are you saying I'm distracting?" Sirius smirked, perked by your words.
"Yes." you said only realizing your mistake after you spoke. You went red, "But not in the way you think Black." 
Sirius whined, "I know you think I'm cute even if you won't admit it." 
"I think no such thing." You spat turning away to hide your burning cheeks. 
"Leave her alone, Sirius" Alice called, "Not everyone thinks you're as great as you do." 
James snickered as Sirius launched into a line of dramatic complaints.