23. Flynn Mathers

Start from the beginning

Dylan turned to me. "Oh! She's the female lead, Alex. The one I was telling you about."

"Alex?" Flynn Mathers said my name slowly as if they were alien to him, his gaze still on me longer than was comfortable.

Did he recognize me, or my name?

No, of course not! There are millions of Alexs out there! How can he remember that was his daughter's name?

"Yes. Alex Hunt."

All I wanted to do was grab the nearest fork or chopstick and poke Dylan's eyes out. Why was he even telling this guy my name. My full name in fact. For all I knew, Flynn Mathers could have after the run in with us in Disneyland, searched up everything on us. Even our surname. Hunt.

Flynn's stared back slowly as he took another step forward. "Hunt." Ha paused, taking another step forward. "Is that right?"

I stood there, frozen before nodding slowly. Did he really look us up?

"Well," he smiled, his eyes crinkling at the edges. "Nice to finally meet you, Alex." Then he offered a hand.

I was hesitant at first, staring at it as if it was alien and new. Then I reached out and shook it, hesitantly after staring at it for seven seconds. "Ni-nice to meet you too, Mr Mathers."

"Please honey, Mr Mather's sounds so formal. How about Flynn, for now?"

I nodded. How about 'child-abandoner'?

"Come! Let's eat and chat," Flynn said as he walked back towards the table. "I believe you know each other?" He indicated Tyler.

We both nodded. Dylan looked shocked too that he was there.

What was Tyler doing here?

* * *

Dinner was going along surprisingly well, that is if I put aside the I-Hate-Him-For-Leaving anger I felt towards Flynn. Dylan and Tyler were busy conversing with him about the movie, and thankfully I wasn't forced to talk to daddy dearest.

"So, Alex," Flynn said as he cleared his throat.

Of course, it wouldn't last!

"Yes?" I asked, a forced smile on my face as I chewed on a brocolli.

"Where are you from?"

I answered in the most discreet way I can.

"Really?"

I nodded as my eyes stayed averted from his.

"How about your parents?" He bit into his steak.

"Back home, worrying. They were against my coming here, you see."

"Oh, and why were they?" He asked, curious.

Because of you! "Mom's not that psyched about the entertaining industry."

He smiled a sad smile. "Hmm. And yet, here you are. Acting in the most anticipated movie of the year."

"I guess it's in the blood," the words slip about before I could think about it.

"What?" He asked, a smirk on his face.

I was really starting to hate the guy. Even more than I did before I came here. "I said, I'm full," I tried to lie. But as apparent on everyone's faces, I failed. They heard me right and knew I tried to cover it up. "Excuse me please?" I stood up before anyone could think twice and left the room, rushing for the bathroom.

I can't take this! I can't take being in the same room as him and not yelling or screaming, demanding answers.

And I definitely can't take him, living life to the fullest and not even thinking twice of the woman and child he abandoned!

Tears fell as I pushed open the door to the bathroom and rushed for the sink. I grabbed some tissue and wiped at the leaking mascara.

They couldn't find out I was crying. That would just lead to more questions and the truth.

The door opened behind me and I gasped.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Get out! This is the girl's toilet."

"I asked you a question, dammit," he snapped.

"And I asked you one too. Now get out!" I glared at him through the mirror.

"Is it because Flynn's an asshole?" He asked, not an ounce scared of the anger oozing out of me. "Or is it because he's your dad?"

* * *

I stared at Tyler as if he was a ghost.

"What did you say?" I asked, shock forming on my face.

He smiled sadly. "You heard me Alex."

"How long?"

"How long what? How long have I known? How long did it take to do a background check on you? Or how long is it going to take before he finds out?"

"How long have you known, Tyler?" I snapped, turning around to face him.

"Ever since you left home the other day," he answered. "I thought it would be safer that way."

I looked at him, studying the guy. "Are you going to tell?"

He shook his head after a minute of doing nothing. "It isn't my place," he replied, causing a smile to appear. "But, I do think, that it is my place to tell you that you should tell him the truth, Alex. That way you could have this weight of your shoulders and then maybe you can get some answers."

I frowned. "I don't want any answers."

"Yes, you do. I could see it today at the table," he said as he walked towards me. Then he wiped away the tears on my face. "The sooner the better." He smiled warmly, the first time I saw him do it. "Having a parent, whether they did something wrong or not, is better than having none at all."

He turned around, walking towards the exit. "Come in two minutes after me," he said, then he paused and smirked. "You know, you should start paying me."

I looked at me, confused.

"First, with James, now Flynn. You should start paying me for saving the damsel in distress." With that he exited the bathroom.

Maybe Tyler O'Brien wasn't so bad after all.

•••※※※•••

Liking Rushed so far?

please go to the link below and click 'support' to see it become a movie!! please, please, please and leave endorsements like why it should. whether you liked it and why :)

L

ink is also on my profile, just click on it and it'll take you to the website. :)

link : http://www.iflist.com/stories/rushed

•••※※※•••

Follow me on my SNS accounts for teaser chapters or you wanna ask me a question.

instagram: http://www.instagram.com/ehl_kayy

website : http://ehlkayy.weebly.com

twitter: http://twitter.com/EhlKayy1D

email : lqkaloucava@gmail.com