23. Flynn Mathers

-SURPRISE!!!!!-

TWO UPDATES FOR TODAY? I THINK I DESERVE A FOLLOW! HAHAHAH

WANTED TO POST THIS AS AN IM-SORRY IT WAS SHORT FOR LAST CHAPTER AND A THANK YOU!!!

8 COMMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE, MAYBE???

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, PROMOTE AND FOLLOW!!!

xoxo,
Losalini

Spoiler: FLYNN MATHERS UP AHEAD!

•••||||•••

[ edited 7 Dec 2015 ]

You know when you read a book where star-crossed lovers meet again after years of being apart, or when a mother and child meet again after years of solitude and looking for each other.

Do you know what these two things have in common? Somewhere during the scene where they meet each other, finally, there'll be a line or an entire paragraph saying how the other had changed so much, or that the other person was unrecognizable.

And you know what those two don't have in common with my story? Speaking on the second scenario, I hadn't been in solitude and I sure as heck wasn't looking for my father or he me. In fact, I was doing everything I could to not meet him.

And another contrasting fact between that story and mine? Flynn Mathers was recognizable to me and I knew he had changed little since his youthful days. After all, he had been grazing the covers of magazines for well over twenty years.

The only fear I had was that he would recognize me. Had I changed enough that he wouldn't recognize the little girl he met in Disneyland many years ago? Or would he recognize the features he had deemed 'similar to his'?

Dylan walked ahead in front of me, confidence in his stride whilst I waited ten seconds before dawdling in after him, my eyes downcast as I tried my best to blend in with the peach background.

My eyes landed on him like moth to a flame. He looked up when we entered, his eyes thankfully dwelled on Dylan who thankfully hid me behind his big built.

"Flynn." Dylan exclaimed as he walked over and opened his arms, waiting for a hug.

"Dylan!" Flynn Mathers returned with the same jovial vigor as he pulled Dylan into a high hug. "Nice to see you again, dear boy."

They exchanged a few words silently, ones I couldn't her from where I stood, still near the door. One sign of recognition and I will literally be gone with the wind. I looked around the room, hoping I could blend in with the peach wallpaper.

Then I saw Tyler sitting in the furthest seat. My eyes widened in confusion. What was he doing here?

Just before I could do anything, I hear Flynn say, "and who might you be, darling girl?"

I turned towards him, slowly as I forced on a shy smile just as Amelia had taught me on how to disguise my emotions. He studied me with curiosity as I did him with contempt, though covered with a smile.

He was well over six feet, towering over me, broad-shouldered. He had his dark locks brushed down in a pristine manner and was wearing a dark designer suit that emphasized his well kept body. And his eyes, his eyes were the exact replica of the ones that stared back at me every morning when I looked in the mirror. Age had did him well.