Perfection - pt. 1

WARNING: I am making this serie quite sad and there is a lot of mention of depression and suicidal thought so if anybody is uncomfortable with these subjects, I prefer not to read. But if not, feel free to read.

REQUEST: hey,I want to make a request for a story, a bit inspired by Titanic. Slytherin reader x Sirius Black. She is a perfect daughter, perfect student, perfect girlfriend, finally a perfect life. She one day runs through Hogtraws to the astronomy tower and tries to commit suicide and is prevented by Sirius Black. She will then thank him for not telling the truth to the teachers and thus they begin to know each other. In the end it is something to be controlled "a gold cage is still a cage".

xx

If perfection could ever be described as another word, it wouldn't be sublimity, exquisiteness, magnificence or excellence. It would simply be you.

Starting at the beginning, you come from a pureblood line of wizards and witches. The last descendant of the Merlin himself and to everybody's surprise, your eyes shone the same as his when you used magic. Mother and father were proud to call you their daughter, couldn't help themselves to talk about you and your success whenever they got the opportunity.

Professors swooned over your brilliance, determination, and self-confidence. They were proud to boast if you chose their subject to take to the N.e.w.t level. Never much of a talker in the class but always answering correctly whenever the question was asked.

Friends were everywhere for you. They were in other houses, they didn't mind you were sorted into Slytherin. You were kind and nice, not afraid to help others. Your boyfriend, however, he was in Hufflepuff and he was loving as well. Both of you were the couple everybody wanted to be. Few fights, here and there but never too big to break it off. Sometimes you wondered, is it really this easy to be in a relationship?

But there came a time you got the dorm to yourself, finally alone, and you clawed the edge of the bed and you cried. Your chest was in so much pain you kept gripping your uniform and somehow trying to numb it. Tears streamed down your face and you barely let the air fill your lungs. If it was the cold winter air or the warm breeze of April, the air was suffocating you and crying didn't help.

You didn't know why you felt like that. You didn't know what brought you here but you were so buried in everything that it just kept being too much.

And how you got here? - On the top of the Astronomy tower, looking up at the night sky while the little spots on it kept shining down you.

'It would be so easy being a star.' you closed your eyes and let the cold air brush your heated cheeks.

You didn't feel the edge below your feet but you knew that a step forward there would be nothing more but the feeling of flying and you would become a star. Free and looking down on Earth.

So with a small smile that stretched on your face, you let the last tear slip away before taking that final step to becoming the tiny little spot in the sky.

It wasn't even a quarter of a second when you felt the sensation of flying. You opened your eyes and tried to see that your brain wasn't deceiving you. You opened your eyes and looked to where you felt someone holding you. Holding you so tightly around your wrist that his wand flew on the ground before he could think of a spell.

" Hold on!" he gritted his teeth and tried to pull you up.

" No!" you shouted and he shot his eyes to you.

" What do you mean no!? You'll fall!" he shouted, taking his other hand to grip on yours and trying to pull you up.

" Let go of me!" you shouted before the tight feeling in your chest reappeared and you felt the tears stream down your cheeks once again. " Let go of me! Let go of me! Let- le-" you started to sob. " -go of me." you barely let out a breath but you were now back on the cobbled floor in the arms of a stranger.

" Shh." he shushed quietly, holding onto you tightly and pressing your head closer at his chest. " It's rough and it's hard but you have to know it's not the end." he whispered quietly into your ear. " At least not for you."

And it passed about two hours when you finally calmed down, breathing in the familiar smell between a pear lemon and a Seville orange- Bergamot. A citrus fruit grown somewhere in South of Italy. It had a calming sense of smell, something you remember from your trip to Italy when you were nine or ten years old. It kept your mind going to the same place, The trees of apples, Italian men fighting over the meaningless thing with their fascinating accents.

How wonderful would it be if you visited that place one more time?

The boy who held you breathed slowly and you felt his heartbeat calming you down even more. He didn't have to save you or hold you in his arms for more than two hours in complete silence but he did and you couldn't be more thankful.

" I'm sorry." you mumbled quietly, slowly sitting up yet still determined to avoid his eyes.

How could you face him after this? The shame and the embarrassment of being saved from yourself.

" You shouldn't be sorry." he replied back, sitting up as well. " You should be happy but you're not that either, are you?" he continued and you kept your eyes on the ground. He sighed and lifted your chin, because for you to see his eyes, their color resembling something of a cornflower blue, made you listen to him more carefully. " Nobody can escape the dark bits inside of us. The more you push it down the more it spreads and the less you show it to the world, the less it has the chance to get out. " he moved even closer to you, his hands on your cheeks and wiping those tears that continued to wet your cheeks. " Satisfying others, listening to them... it's never good for your benefit. It's for theirs and when things go south don't try and find the easy way out. Get up and tell them all to fuck off." he waved his hand and you let out a chuckle.

You placed your hand on top of his and brushed your lips against his palm, smiling. " Thank you."