Black Coffee & Bruises

Start from the beginning

You grabbed the crumbled up letter off from the table and stuffed it back into your robes next to Draco's wand.
You still had his wand in your sweatpants after you left the tower. You didn't tell anyone about it and Draco probably figured that you still had it. But you kept it with you for your own safety.

You stood up and fixed your Slytherin uniform you were wearing for today. You made your way out of the great hall. You wanted to find Brooke before classes started. You started walking to the Ravenclaw house.

It was nice having some alone time by yourself. You had a awfully busy weekend and to much has happened for you to even think about everything at once. You decided for today that you were going to lay low and not talk to anyone throughout the day. You needed a break.

"Y/n!!" A voice yelled behind you as you were peacefully walking in the cold hallways.

You stopped walking and rolled your eyes. You turned around to see Harry running up towards you. So much for trying not to interact with anyone today.

"Yes?" You fake smiled at Harry.

Harry ran up to you and examined your face quickly before he started talking.

"You look tired." Harry said pointing at the dark lines under your eyes.

You swatted Harry arm down and continued to walk to the stairs. Harry followed.

"Ok sorry...I just wanted to know how you are doing today?" Harry said a little concerned.
"Does your face hurt?" He looked at the side of your face where Draco hit you.

You turned your head to Harry and he smiled. Did he really just ask you that? Of course you weren't okay.

"Ask me later today, have you seen Brooke today by any chance?"

Harry shrugged.

"No, but can I ask you a question?" Harry asked as he walked faster and blocked you from walking.

You stopped and looked up at Harry.

"Can I ask you a question after yours?" You said a little annoyed.

You weren't in the mood for questions. You weren't in the mood for anything at all. You were tired but couldn't sleep.

Harry smiled and looked down at his shoes.

I couldn't help but think about last night, on the tower, when Malfoy wanted his wand and was going to charge at you for it, why didn't you defend yourself? I mean you were almost there, you had your wand out pointed at him, but you stopped? Why did you?" Harry looked back up from his shoes and looked at you.

You paused.

You thought about Harry's question. Why didn't you defend yourself? You couldn't find yourself to throw a defensive spell at Draco. You didn't want to hurt him. You were scared to hurt him. But why were you scared? You weren't usually scared to use your wand. Even though he wanted to rip your head apart from your body, you couldn't find the guts to throw the simplest defensive spell at him which was basically harmless.

"I guess I just- freaked out a little...so much was happening at once, you know?"

"Y/n- but he wanted to literally KILL you, you should've been scared for your life!" Harry interrupted you.

"I guess I didn't want to hurt Malfoy." You said quietly looking down as Harry looked at you in slight disappointment.

"Can I ask you a question now Harry." You said moving your foot back and forth on the floor.