Drink Comfort

Comfort feat. Sad Dream
Requested by Cel_is_a_girl :3))

It wasn't common for Dream to be upset, much less see him cry so you can imagine the surprise on Ink's face when he found Dream curled up in their shared bed bawling himself to a state of false comatose. The soft hiccups coming from his lover making his nonexistent soul twist and ache in his ribcage.

He quickly grew concerned, moving to his boyfriend's side slowly yet carefully. His hand setting on Dream's ribs only to slide up and cup his face. The bright skeleton's eyelights looked up to meet Ink's, his shaky hands reaching up to hug his other half. Ink allowed him to do so.

Dream's touch on Ink was always soft and gentle, the being always treating him like glass. Ink could never complain however, he enjoyed it, the simple touch of his lover made him feel like he meant the entire multiverse.

As Dream hugged Ink, hardly sitting up and instead dragging Ink down to him, the artist only followed the pull, his own arms carefully drawing Dream into his chest. The guardian simply relaxed in his hold, body still trembling as he attempted to calm himself and his quiet sobbing. Ink let him cry, his hand gently petting and rubbing Dream's skull while his other hand simple traced small shapes and lines against his ribs and spine.

Dream finally drifted to silence, his gloved hands however gently grasping Ink's shirt with little intent to let go. Ink yet allowed it, more concerned on Dream at the moment than the over developing world around them. "What happened?" He spoke with the softest tone he could muster, sweet yet worried.

Dream hiccuped a bit, rubbing his sockets with his gloved hand as he looked up to Ink. His tears were threatening to spill over again. "I was just.. just thinking again."

Ink sighed, his hand slipping off Dream's skull and down to the guardian's spine. "About Nightmare or something else?"

Dream sighed, forcing his tears to remain at bay. "Both... you know how I get..."

The artist nodded, rolling onto his back and bring Dream with him. "I know Sunshine," Ink's hands traced down to Dream's sides before they suddenly began to move with a burst, tickling the little guardian.

Dream shot up with bright laughter, his legs straddling Ink as he continued to let out bright fits of euphoric laughter. "Ink no! Stop that!" The artist yet to give on his onslaught of tickling the guardian, watching tears pick the golden skeleton's eye-sockets. "Ink please!"

The artist finally ceased, watching Dream relax with a slight smile and soft giggles. "Since you asked so nicely." Dream let out what could only be described as an undignified squawk.

"You're mean!" Dream cried, crossing his arms and turning his head away from the artist. Ink only smiled, sitting up slowly before guiding Dream's head to face to meet his. The tattooed skeleton leaning forward and clicking their teeth together in a soft kiss.

Dream pushed back gently only to pull away seconds later, "You're a scoundrel, a weasel, born out of a second-rate wedlock."

"I don't have parents." Ink smirked playfully, resting his hands on Dream's hips.

Dream narrowed his sockets, "You sorry stray."

Ink began to laugh, smiling brightly. "You're insults are getting better! I can't wait to see your brother's face when you use them."

The guardian brightened up immediately, "You think so?"

"Yeah, I think so." Ink smiled, "Now, how about you clean yourself up a bit and we go have dinner with Swap tonight?"

Dream smiled, pressing a kiss to Ink's cheek. "That sounds like a wonderful idea, Inky."