Ink x Reaper Comfort Play

Comfort Play feat. curious Reaper
Suggest by snomyfox ))

Death being cheated... what a joke.

Well, it's not so funny when you're in his shoes.

He trusted Geno and in the end he was betrayed. Used and broken, like a cheap record player and it hurt. It ached and twisted inside his soul like a viper ready to strike, he should've seen this coming.

He blamed himself. He convinced himself he was the reason he didn't return the feelings and left him. That meant nothing now though, a grim reaper has no time to deal with grief, not when you have a job to do.

Reaper sighed, looking at his list with tired eyes, for once he didn't drink coffee this morning. For the better, he thought to himself, perhaps it'll allow me to clear my thoughts. Another sigh.

He looked through his list, reading off names quietly to himself, his odd habit of starting at the bottom and working his way up to the top making an appearance. As he finally reached the top of his list, his lifeless eyes widened  in surprise. There in fine cursive print was one he never thought to see.

Ink..?

The Guardian of AUs meeting death? What an unexpected turn of events... Reaper was truly convinced the creator couldn't die, was he wrong? Well, the list had been wrong before...

He shook his head, clearing his head before opening a portal. He eyed it before walking through only to be met with a rather beautiful sight, he smiled softly at it. Laimatale may be a dangerous AU but its environment was always beautiful. The jungle like surroundings that were flush vibrant green with colorful flowers that scattered the floor made Reaper smile. It was ashame the grass wilted under his feet.

There was a laugh, it easily caught the god off guard and he moved towards the sound without hesitation. The sight he was met with was enough to leave him confused yet intrigued without question.

There was Ink, severely injured yet a smile bright on his face as he played with a small butterfly. Shouldn't he be scared? Upset? Why was he smiling?

Ink noticed him out of the corner of his eye and smiled brighter, "Reaper! Fancy seeing you here!" He waved his hand towards the god, despite his fingers being bloody and his arm cracked.

Reaper approached and sat next to him, a concerned look on his face, "Aren't you in pain?"

Ink tilted his head, glancing at his plethora of broken bones, "I should be, it doesn't bother me really? Why?"

Reaper paused, "Well, you're on my list?"

"Oh?" Ink hummed in a rather playful tone, "Alright then."

Reaper frowned, "You're okay with it?"

Ink shook his head, "No but we can't change fate right?"

The god nodded slightly, bringing his hand up. Ink only smiled at him before the cloaked skeleton tapped his forehead.

Nothing happened.

Reaper pulled his hand back, his eyes widening as he stared at it before looking back to Ink who only chuckled. Reaper then laughed himself, "Well, would ya look at that, you can't die."

Ink let out a snort at Reaper stating the obvious, "Guess not." He grabbed a small paint brush off his side, painting a few rolls of bandages, "Give me a hand will ya?"

Reaper chuckled and nodded, taking one of the rolls and Ink's arm before wrapping his wounds. He hummed in slight thought, "How'd you get these wounds anyway?"

"Ah, well I got them from Error." Ink answered shamelessly happy.

Reaper raised a brow, "Really? Even for Error this is a bit much."

Ink nodded, "I instigated, you know how it is." Reaper nodded.

"He does have problems with his anger I suppose." Reaper responded, "Shame neither of us have healing magic."

Ink shrugged, "The pain is pretty numbed, but it will be a challenge to fight him with this injuries."

Reaper laughed, "You're pretty straightforward about all this."

Ink hummed, raising a brow. "I have no reason to lie about it."

"Fair enough." Reaper responded, looking up to face ink. His own empty eyesockets meeting Ink's eyelights, he paused. "Your eyes... they're pretty interesting."

"You think so?" Ink laughed a bit, smiling softly at the god.

"Well yeah, name another Sans who's eyelights change color." Reaper replied.

Ink laughed a bit, "Color and Omega."

Reaper laughed a bit, "Okay, name another Sans who's eyelights change shape and color."

"Well damn, you got me there."

Reaper let out a mocking laugh, "You can't win against Death sweetheart."

Ink snickered a tad at that, flicking Reaper on the head just to prove his next statement. "I already have."

Reaper blushed a bit at the smirk on Ink's face, but smiled nonetheless. "It seems you have."

"Seems huh?" Ink repeated, "How about we turn that into a definite?"

"Huh?"

Ink grinned playfully, pulling out a box of playing cards from his sleeve. "Blackjack or poker?"

Reaper laughed, "You really are an intriguing one."