Episode 3: The Transport Museum (2)

It wasn't the first time I've been here. As a legendary place marking the history of Coventry, I've never been disappointed by the design, transportation vehicles and artefacts held inside this building. It was as tall as an average office tower and as wide as two buses; there it was standing right in front of me. It had silver mat grey walls and mirror-like windows reflecting the morning sunlight, reflecting the burning city. Ironic isn't it? Will this place become the second casualty of the blitz?

Me and my friend Janda would frequently visit this place. We would get ice cream on the way here from the convenience store nearby. The popular ones back then were the ice lollies that can be shared by splitting them into two.

~~~~~

Janda placed his arm on my should.

"Which one do you want? I'll go buy for you," Janda said.

"It's okay, I'll come pick with you," I answered.

* * *

"Hey look! The new one came out recently," he said showing me the packaged ice lolly. "Let's share this."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Hey, hey, look carefully."

Janda waved the ice lolly infront of me.

It has two sticks on either end of the base and the centre of it was slightly thinner than the outer parts near the sticks.

I took the ice lolly and said, "Alright, let's buy a couple of these."

After paying, we headed towards the Transport Museum.

* * *

???{1}: "Heyyyyo! Over here!"

I saw the person in the distance as she waved at us.

???{2}: "Oho! You got use ice cream eh? Isn't that fascinating."

???{3}: "Did you guys walk through the alleyway?"

I nodded and passed him one of the ice lollies.

???{3}: "I knew it! According to my calculations-"

"Alright, alright, keep those maths to yourself," Janda said tapping him on the shoulder.

I looked towards my side.

???{4}: "You're back..."

"Yeah, I'm back. I brought us some ice lollies. It's been a hot day!"

"Mhm," she nodded.

Suddenly, my right shoulder felt heavy. ???{3} had his arms on my shoulder as I was holding the last ice lolly.

???{3}: "Hey, come on bro, let's share that together."

He looked toward the ice lolly with gleaming eyes.

???{4} slightly tugged the side of my clothes.

"Hey, hey, now," Janda said. "Get a grip man and give them some space!"

Janda took his arms off my shoulder and dragged him away. "You can share with this old pal here," he said waving his ice lolly around.

Janda turned his head and winked; ???{4} saw it but I didn't as my face was facing ???{4}.

???{4} blushed and turned away.

I opened the package, snapped the ice lolly in half and gave one half to ???{4}. She slowly raised her hand towards the ice lolly but then retracted it.

I pushed the half towards her hand and she finally took it.

"Take a bite," I said.

She nodded and rose her hand. The ice lolly began to melt and she took a bite. "It's cold."