| Chapter Twenty-Eight : Labor Pains |

I sighed heavily as I tossed and turned. I couldn't get to sleep. I couldn't get comfortable. Alex was out, o-u-t. I sighed heavily as I grabbed the cup that was beside the bed and took a sip of water. I set it back down and rolled onto my back and sighed, staring at the ceiling through the darkness my eyes had grown accustom to. Suddenly a piercing pain came on and I hissed. I tried not to wake Alex since it just seemed like the baby kicked me really hard. It went on for a long 60 seconds before it finally stopped. I panted and blew a sigh, turning on my side. I was pretty tired to say the least, so I tried to go to sleep.

Five minutes later I shot up and groaned in pain again as I clutched my stomach. Suddenly I felt liquid on me and my eyes widened. I shook Alex. He didn't wake up.

"ALEX!" I screamed, but he still was sound asleep. I narrowed my eyes and shook him harder, still to no avail.

I sighed, grabbed the cup of water, and trickled some on his face. He moaned and rubbed his face before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. "Mm.. What time is it?"

"It's time, Alex."

"Mhm, that's nice, babe." His husky voice replied. I rolled my eyes and counted down. 3...2....1.... "WAIT WHAT?!"

He shot up and out of bed, turning on the lamp before he squinted his eyes and put his hands on the bed. I nodded. "It's. Time."

"Time for t..." I nodded, his eyes widened as he frantically grabbed a pair of pants and leaped into them. I heaved myself up and grabbed the bag that was sitting close to the bed. Since the wedding we've been preparing for the moment of arrival since the doctor told us it was very close. But it had been a week since the wedding.

Alex slid on a t-shirt and I laughed. "Babe... it's backwards."

"Huh?" He questioned and looked down. "Oh sh...oot. Yeah." He took it off and slid it back on, rushing to my side and helping me with the bag.

I was nervous, excited, and calm all at once. I was probably just calm because I didn't want to freak Alex out more. Otherwise I'd probably be freaking out myself. I waddled towards the door but stopped short. Wait, I can't go with nasty breath...!

I redirected myself to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly and used some mouth wash before I spit the mouth wash out and waddled to the door as quickly as I could. Alex was starting the car but then quickly rushed back to help me to the car. I got in and he closed the door and got in on his side. He quickly drove away before he stopped short.

"Um, Alex, the hospital is that way, hon." I said, pointing behind us.

"I knew that..." He said, as he made quite an illegal U turn and sped off.

I had another pain and screamed out, holding onto the side of the door tightly. It went away after a minute and a half, so I decided to call and let Trin know.

Ring, ring...RIINNGG!

"Jocynn Todd you better have a seriously good explication for calling me and interrupting my beauty sl--" Trinity groggily started, but I cut her off.

"Um, I think I do. I mean, I dunno, I guess giving birth is pretty good. But, yup, I dunno." I said quickly as I inhaled a sharp breath.

"You called me in the middle of the night for that?! Really, Joce I---..." There was a pause, "WAIT YOU WHAT?!" She screeched.

I heard a thump, a crash, and a loud Derek on the other end, "TRINITY TOMLINSON WHAT THE FREAK!? WILL YOU SHUT UP?"

"DEREK SHU--aww man, that was my favorite lamp!" She exclaimed.