XIII - WITH A PINCH OF PAIN IN MY CHEST

Start from the beginning

With a sound that resembles a mouse-like squeak, I unknowingly threw the crumbled poster somewhere else and firmly clasped my hands on her bony shoulders.

With both her hands taking hold of me by the waist this time, I find myself literally face-to-face with her. And not to mention the fact that she was holding me close. So close. Too close, in fact. I worry there's no space between us.

But for some reason, none of us were planning to let go.

Without my permission, my eyes scrutinize her facial features. And if I didn't know any better, it seems like I'm finally noticing her for the first time.

Her golden waves framed her face perfectly well, I wonder if there's anyone whose hair can do that as well. For the first time, I was able to take notice of some of the freckles on her porcelain cheeks that didn't seem conspicuous before. Which was weird because there were some instances wherien Perrie would come closer, but I wasn't able to catch sight of them.

Then I looked down ... at her plumped lips. They were parted, as if she's having a hard time breathing. Well, at least we're on the same boat now. Then my gaze switched up to meet hers, and once again, I found myself breathless by the intensity of her gaze. Her ocean blue orbs seemed to shine with the intent to drown me in them.

And for Pete's sake, what the hell is wrong with me?!

"Perrie ... " I noticed that my voice was hoarse for some reason I'm pretty sure would take me until death to admit out loud.

"Yes, Jade Thirlwall?" her voice dropped down to a whisper, but there's no mistaking that it was hoarse as well.

"What ... " I took a moment to compose myself then spoke up again, "What do you think you're doing?"

"I forgot, actually." Jesus, is it just me or is her voice too much to handle?

Her eyes shimmer with what looked like mischief. And as if to taunt me, Perrie leaned her head even closer. Closer. And I couldn't find the strength to pull back. This is absurd! Why can't I pull back?

I was sorely mistaken before. This is too close. Our lips were almost touching now. Our breaths seemed to have mingled with each other as we try to catch our breaths that seemed to evade us. She seemed to alternate her gaze between my lips and my eyes, and I seemed to be doing the same. And as if I was gravitating towards a magnetic force, I find myself inching closer to her as well...

Then Caitlyn's voice boomed from upstairs. "Perrie, is that you?! Are you home?!"

And in a snap of a finger, whatever powerful, magnetic force that was drawing me nearer to Perrie had already dissipated.

With a force of a desperate damsel in distress finally having the strength to push a behemoth creature away, I shoved Perrie against the counter and practically jumped away, earning a grumble of curses from the blonde.

"What's the matter?" Perrie questioned, unknowingly lighting up a flame inside my chest—burning hot with unreasonable rage.

"What's the matter?" With clenched fists at my side, I fumed, "The audacity. You hugged me too tight you were practically suffocating me there!"

"What? What is wrong with you?" Perrie eyed me, bewildered for a moment, which aggravated me even more.

I stormed up in front of her in a flash, glowering.

"What the hell was that for?"

Perrie mirrored my expression as she steps even closer. "You're not even gonna thank me for catching you before you fall?"