Chapter 27

"Are you sure we should leave them alone?" Asked Joe scratching his beard. "What if he let her out?"

"He won't," I assured him. "We're watching them from the monitors, besides he's the one that brought her here."

I glanced at the monitor, watching them as they talk intently with each other. I turned off the volume so I couldn't hear a thing they were saying. I wanted to give them some privacy. Looks like they have a lot to talk about.

"He surprised me." Said Joe.

"He surprised all of us." Agreed Cisco nodding his head. "I guess there is the hope of redemption for him after all. He did the right thing."

I couldn't agree more.

A few minutes later, Savitar came up. His eyes were unreadable and he had his hands in his pockets. His movement was robotic and he looked dazed.

"How long until the cure is ready?" He asked.

"Almost," Cisco replied. "Thanks to Harry's help, it's faster than I anticipated."

He nodded and headed out.

"Where are you going?" I called out.

"Out. I need a run. I can't just sit around and wait."
~
I found myself standing outside Caitlin's apartment. Weird he just ran wherever his feet took him and they took him here.

His mind wandered off to the time he spent in the speed force. Where the future Barry trapped him. It felt like an eternity in there. An eternity of misery and pain, where he was forced to relive the worst possible moment in his life, over and over again. The moment where his friends and family keep shunning him over and over again. The looks on their faces were still etched into his mind and he was forced to endure it repeatedly. He hated Barry Allen the most for what he did to him. For that reason alone. He's always going to feel that flash of hatred and anger whenever he sees him.

I chuckled to myself. I could almost see Caitlin beside him now with pursed lips and a hand on her hips scolding him. "Savitar, you know that this isn't Barry's fault. Whatever future Barry did to you, it's not who he is now."

A part of him knew she was right but he has a whole of anger and darkness inside him. Blaming people was all he could do. Now Frost is locked up and Caitlin is going through god knows what. His life was falling apart again. No matter what he does, something always goes wrong. After everything that's happened with him and the speed force, and his failed mission to kill Iris, he just wanted peace. No one's going to believe him. They'll be like, "the former god of speed? Wanting peace? This has to be a joke."

A girl bumped into her with a phone in her hand and a grocery bag in her other hand, shaking him from his thoughts. "Oomph oh my I'm sorry." She muttered hastily, apologizing and running off hurriedly speaking in hushed whispers to whoever she was talking to.

This may sound ironic coming from him but as he looked around at all the people milling about, most of them rushing off to their destination in a hurry, a part of him wonders if they ever just stop for a second and enjoy their moment. If they ever just stop and breathe and acknowledge how lucky they are. Sometimes you gotta take things slow.

I raised an eyebrow at myself. I might as well listen to my advice. Sometimes you can't fix things so fast.

I walked over to the street waiting to cross the road. I could just speed away wherever I wanted but I decided I need a change and just be a normal person. Someone tapped on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, young man, do you mind if you help me get to the other side?"

It was an old lady with a walking stick in her other hand. She peered up at him through her glasses and wobbled a little bit.

I nodded. "Just hold on to me."

"Thank you, young man, your kindness is appreciated. It's hard to find people who are willing to help out someone without getting anything back in return these days."

She smiled up at me through her wrinkled eyes and patted his arm and something melted inside him.

He helped her cross the road and she bid him goodbye heading off her way.

I felt myself smiling and my muscles ached. He wasn't used to making this expression. It was all sneers for him until recently. A simple act of kindness really can lift your mood. Come to think of it, he hasn't done anything nice in a long time. This was an alien feeling to him.
Strangely, he likes it.

He heard a tiny voice coming from his jacket. What the—he found a pair of comms in his pocket. He felt a twinge of annoyance. They don't trust him. He wouldn't be surprised if they bugged him. He has to check later.

I grunted. "Ok first of all, how did you even put comms—" Barry interrupted. "It's Frost."

"What?"

"She escaped."

He could hear worry and frustration in his voice.

"How is that possible?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"I don't know but you need to get here right now. We have to find her before she does something."

"I'm on my way." I switched the comms off and dashed to S.T.A.R labs cursing at myself and Team Flash for not keeping a close eye on her. He should never have left the labs. He should have stayed until the cure was ready. He should have stayed with Frost and kept watch. It was foolish of him.

Frost escaped and he was the one who betrayed her. Someone she trusted. That's not good at all. Knowing Frost, she's not going to forgive him. She will hate him by now. Frost, what are you planning? I thought.