CHAPTER FIVE

'Wow, I don't know how to go about this, I guess I'd just go to the changing room or possibly to the Head of Department's office.

"Hi, Mrs Richard".

"Hello dear, what can I do for you".

"I actually lost my way to the cheerleaders hall".

"No one ever loses their way to the cheerleaders hall because they don't have a hall. I'd get someone to lead you cause it seems you're new here".

"Hey Derek come show Miss Ursula the field, she's a newbie".

"Ok! Follow me". Said Derek

We walked straight to the cheer leading hall when I saw Mr George, the Maths teacher come by.

"Ursula, I told you to come by my office and you didn't".

"I had to make it to cheerleading hall for practice sir but I can meet you later if it's important". I said starting to leave.

"Meet me after school and on time", He scurried off. I walked into a big hall with lots of girls throwing their best stunts. I also saw Aoife and Dawn.
They were both giving instructions to different groups of girls who didn't seem to be doing what they wanted

There was a large opposite mirror towards the end of the hall which the girls use in looking at themselves during tryouts. To the left side of the hall was a large window for ventilation. The floor was made up of spring floor for enhancement of performance and reduction of injuries and the ceiling was made of tile and was painted shining brown. While I surveyed the whole hall a group of boys in basket ballers jersey with balls in their arms came in. "WILD CATS" was written on the Jersey and it was coloured red with white stripes.

"Hey cheer leaders. Having nice times? said one Aoife, Dawn and the rest of the crew turned towards the voice and moved abruptly towards it but Dawn broke out and walked towards me.

"Ain't you gonna join try-outs, Ursula?"

"Sure I will just looking around". I replied walking with her towards the group.

"Hey girls what you got for the next match". Asked Cian whom I was later introduced to as the assistant leader of the test

"Hey girls let's show 'em what we made of". said Aoife.

"1,2,3, go then they formed up, did some acrobatics, each other with two boys at the base carrying some girls and Aoife at the top while she did a steady back flip from the top and with a shout of "GO WILD CATS".

"That's boring. Why not add some stunts" I replied

"Woaw!!! what does a fresher know. This isn't some calculus class nerdy". Cian and the rest of the group laughed. Willing to show them the stuff I'm made of and forgetting I'm new I went to the front and did some cart wheels, a back flip two times, a back hand flip and ended with a split, then I climbed the two boys and the girl and another girl and did a spin down after saying"GO WILDCATS".

"Wow!!! She's hot" said Louis a girl in the cheer

"You never told me you could cheer" said Zachary from behind me.