Ch60:

Tamaki's pov

The journey from the train station to the hotel was very nerving since there was a strong tension between dad and Mr Todoroki. I pulled on my sleeve as I felt a small nip at my ear. I Pet Emi with a sigh, standing in the reception of this large hotel. Why was it so big and fancy? It must have cost a fortune.
"What's wrong?" Shoto asked, standing next to me. I jumped in surprise at his sudden appearance.
"N-nothing. Just thinking" I mumbled, tugging on my sleeve and recieving another nip on my ear. Shoto turned to look at our dads who were looking at each other with less than friendly glares, dad with his arms crossed.
"I don't think they're getting along well" he sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets. I walked up to his side, taking his hand and leaning my head on his shoulder. He rubbed his fingers across the back of my hand and I felt him give out a deep sigh.
"We're going out for dinner tonight and I have a feeling it might not go as I hoped" he explained, squeezing my hand.
"Hopefully nothing bad will happen with Yamada here. He should be able to keep our dads out of too much trouble" I offer, reaching up to rub Emi's head who nuzzled into my hand. I turned to Shoto again.
"Hopefully being in public will keep too much fighting from going on. Dad won't want to ruin his image by arguing with someone else at a nice restraunt" Shoto sighed, looking over to a guy who was taking our things up to our room, trying to avoid getting in the gaze of the two heroes with a tension between them.
"if I had a knife right now, I could cut this resentment and tension with it. That's how thick it is" I sighed. I felt Shoto's hand tense through that sentence only to go lax after.
"I thought you were going to end that sentence differently" he mumbled.
"I'm not that bad am I?" I ask, turning to him. He doesn't meet my gaze.
"Shoto?"
"I'm just on edge. That's all" he assured, letting out a deep breath before turning to me, running one hand through my hair.
"I heard there's a Christmas Market here so I thought we could go there at some point while we're here" he adds, pulling my fringe back. I turn to look at our dads. Nothing has changed.
"How about we go now" I suggest.
"Sounds good" he agrees, looking over at them as well. I let go of his hand and walk over to Tamaki who was with Togata. He turned to me, ears twitching slightly in question.
"Shoto and I were going to check out the Christmas Market and I was wondering if you wanted to join us" I offered. Tamaki opened his mouth to answer but was cut off.
"A Christmas Market. That sounds awesome. Toshi we should go too" Kaminari cheered.
"Fine"
"Yes" he yelled, pulling Hitoshi into a hug and rubbing his face against the others. Togata was just as enthusiastic although he at least knew how to restrain himself  as to not draw anymore attention to us, if not for Tamaki's sake. I felt a tug on my trouser leg and looked down to see Eri.
"Can I come?" she asked, eyes round. She looked a mix of excited and worried about being told no. I bent down and hoisted her up.
"Sure. How about I give you a ride there too" I offer. her face brightened instantly.
"Yes please" she smiled with a giggle. With some help, I got her onto my shoulders, letting her hold Emi while she was up there.
"I'm surprised you can carry her" Kaminari states. I turn to him.
"I can carry a 6 year old you know. I'm not that weak and I'm definetly not disabled...... Physically..... Sort of" I explain, looking at him.
"Let's go before it gets to late" Togota states, gesturing to the door of the hotel. We all started to walk towards the door and to the market.