Ch33: Not everyone understands

A/n: Its been exactly 1 year since I uploaded the first chapter to this book. I didn't expect it to get all the people who read it now but I thank all of you who read my work. It means a lot to me.

Todoroki's pov

I walked over to Tamaki's door, dropping my back against the wall. I knocked on the door. No response.
"Hey Tamaki. You in there? I haven't seen you since the class before lunch and I got worried. Are you OK?" I asked. There was no response.
"Tamaki. I'm coming in alright" I called again. I pulled the handle down and opened the door which wasn't locked. The room was in complete darkness bar thee slither of light trying to break through the thick curtains that had been pulled in front of the window. I closed the door and tried to look around. I just made out the shape of Cosmo who was curled up on the swivel chair which was pushed up to a corner of the room. I looked down and felt my blood run cold. The floor was a mess. Papers which had been torn in half - some being torn more than that- had been scattered across the floor. Picture frames had been thrown onto the floor, broken glass giving a small glint from the tiny sliver of light. I gently stepped past the glass, trying to avoid breaking the glass more and making it harder to clean up. I made my way to the bed where Tamaki sat curled up, a blanket wrapped around her shaking frame. I sat on the bed, adjusting myself so I wouldn't fall off before reaching a hand out and placing it on Tamaki's shoulder.
"Tamaki?" I asked, rubbing my fingers over her shoulder. I heard muffled sobs which grew to be more prominent when she lifted her head.
"I-I'm...... S-sorry" she cried, her voice sounding hoarse. Probably a mixture of the crying and her just now being allowed to use her voice.
"Why are you sorry?" I asked, looking concerned. Something was wrong.
"I tried.... I swear that I did. Its just....... I.... I couldn't..... S-stop myself" she cried, her entire body still shaking. I bit my lip.
"Tamaki. Can I see your arm?" I asked. She hesitated before slowly pulling one arm away from her curled up form for me to look at. I gently took it, being careful not to hurt her more and slowly pulled up the sleeve. Trails of scarlet ram up her arms, dripping onto the bed. Tamaki seemed to try to make herself smaller when I saw them.
"I-I'm sorry" she mumbled.
"Tamaki. I'm not mad" I assured her. She looked at me.
"I never have been, I'm not right now and I never will be. It's alright. You tried your best but you just had a relapse. It happens. To everyone who's fighting an addiction. Not just self harming. The withdrawal affects are different but it's still entirely possible to have a relapse. I just want you to tell me what caused this" I explained, rubbing my thumb up and down her palm. She looked down and shook her head.
"Why not?" I asked.
"B-because you'll leave me when you find out" she whimpered, rubbing her free arm just below her nose. I linked my fingers with hers.
"I'm not going to leave you. Please just tell me" I comforted, placing my other hand under her chin and bringing her to face me. She pulled back the hand I was holding and shakily lifted up her shirt. My eyes widened when I saw the large purple and brown bruise that was forming along her ribs right down to her stomach. My eyes widened as I stared down at the bruise.
"W-where did you get that?" I asked, looking up to face her
"A couple of boys beat me up at lunch. I-it's why I left class at lunch. I went to recovery girl and asked to be excused" she explained, still shaking.
"Was one of them Bakagou?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Then who?" I asked. Her lip trembled.
"Tamaki?" I asked again.
"I don't know them" she admitted.
"There's clearly more to this then you're letting me know. What really happened there?" I questioned. She turned away.
"I promise that I won't leave if you tell me" I assured her. She took in a shaky breath.
"They found me when I was walking to the canteen. They pulled me into an empty corridor and pushed me up against the wall. They said stuff like I was just faking everything that was wrong with me for attention and that I was an attention speaking bitch. One of them kicked me really hard which caused the bruise. They kept saying stuff about how I should have just died because U.A doesn't need a spineless hero like me and that you deserved better than someone who couldn't handle a couple little insults" she explained. My breath caught in my throat.
"I was beginning to have a panic attack which was why I was let out of class early. I came here and..... I couldn't take it. I ripped up all the papers from class and threw my pictures on the floor" she added.
"Tamaki-" I tried to comfort, rubbing my hand up and down the upper part of her arm.
"I...... I actually contemplated suicide again. I thought about going up to the roof of the dorms and jumping. No one would be around to stop me and no one would save me" she Confessed.
"But you didn't" I pointed out.
"I went up to the roof but just when I was about to step off, I remembered how worried you and dad were last time. I couldn't do it. Not for myself but because I didn't want to hurt the two of you" she replied. I pulled her into a hug.
"Tamaki. Don't listen to what they said. They don't know what they're talking about. You'll be a great hero one day" I explained to her. She buried her face into my shoulder.
"But..." she trailed off.
"Who cares if everyone knows. Who cares if everyone thinks your faking it for attention because the people who matter the most to you know it's real. Mr Aizawa, Mr Yamada, Shinso, myself. We all know its real and we care about you. You are an amazing person and if they can't see past your faults and what makes you, you then that's their problem" I assured her. She hugged into me tighter.
"Thanks Shoto" she mumbled into my shirt. She eventually fell asleep in my grip, probably having tired herself out from crying. I was glad she could get some sleep, I just hoped that she wouldn't have a nightmare. A ding from a phone brought me out of my thoughts. I saw Tamaki's phone on the other side of the bed, the screen lighting up momentarily before dimming down again. I picked up the phone. Her phone had one message from an unknown number on it. I opened the text.

Unknown number

Come on Tamaki. You know you want to have some fun. Don't mind that teen. I'm way better for you ;-)

My grip on Tamaki's phone tightened. This was not acceptable. When she woke up, I was making sure she told Mr Aizawa about this. He needed to know.