Ch9: Together

Tamaki's pov

I opened my eyes, feeling slightly warmer than I had when I'd fallen asleep. I looked around sleepily and realized that I had snuggled up into Todoroki while I was asleep. I backed up slightly in surprise although that was not a good idea because it just caused more pain. Todoroki opened his eyes and looked at me.
"Are you alright?" he asked. I was going to reply but instead, the only that came out was a deep chest cough that hurt pretty bad.
"Are you getting sick?" Todoroki asked.
"Probably. We've been down here for a long time" I explained.
"Come on. We should keep going" he explained before breaking out into a coughing fit at the end.
"Oh no. Your getting sick too" I stated.
"That's not right. I'm able to stand cold temperatures thanks to my quirk" he explained.
"Well when we get back then we can figure out why your sick. Let's just get out of here. I'm starting to get sick of seeing nothing but rocks all the time" I explained. He nodded and helped me up onto my feet and we continued down the stream. We stopped quite a few times during this trip because we would lose a lot of our energy a lot faster now.
"Are you feeling really tired all of a sudden?" I asked.
"Yeah. Maybe it has something to do with the fish we ate" Todoroki replied. I nodded. This was the first time in a while that I was feeling tired and hungry. I hadn't eaten for who knows how long and I'd been so starved on energy that when I do get the chance to sleep, I've conked out straight away. I coughed again, placing a hand on my chest since it hurt when I coughed. We sat in silence for a while before I spoke up.
"I know it's been a while since you said that but what did you mean when you said you cared?" I asked.
"Well.... I guess things wouldn't be the same if you weren't there. We are very alike after all" he stated. I bit my lip.
"Are you alright?" he asked.
"You know, I was actually very touched by what you said. I don't usually say stuff like that but it really felt like someone finally cared about me for once in my life. Someone that wasn't my dad" I explained, rubbing one hand up and down my arm. I felt a hand on mine and looked. Todoroki had taken it.
"What made you think no one cares?" he asked, running his fingers over the back of my hand.
"Well considering no one wants to be friends with me and one of our classmates has decided to use me as a punching bag because he's angry with me because he thinks I got in without working" I replied.
"Is that person Bakagou?" he asked.
"Yeah" I replied.
"Don't bother with him. He's one person out of hundreds" he advised me.
"He's not the only one" I stated. Todoroki lifted up my hand and placed a kiss on it. I was surprised.
"Why did you-" I started but cut myself off.
"If you'll let me then I can help you. Everyone may know that your depressed but I'll help you through it. If you'll let me" he explained.
"You want to help me?" I asked, lip quivering. He nodded.
"I want to be there for you. I want to help you. I want to get through this with you" he explained. I pulled him into a hug.
"T-thank you Todoroki" I thanked, tears forming in my eyes.
"Call me Shoto" he stated.
"Then you can call me Tamaki" I stated. He looked surprised at first but then gave a small smile, reaching out one hand and running his fingers through my hair which I let him do.