XII

You

I think Hazel was pretty embarrassed at the fact that I totally caught her off guard. Frank's eyes himself were wide at the sight of seeing me, and they were definitely confused when I asked them if they had seen any gorgons. It took a moment before Hazel's face lit up with recognition.

"Hey, you're the one who fought off that earth monster! You saved my life," she said.

This time it was my turn to be surprised. I clearly didn't expect her to remember that I did that. But then I realized that the whole camp probably knew who I was by now. I don't really know what I had to say about that.

"Um yeah," I said. "It is really no problem." I played it off cool, even though I knew that if anything were to happen to them, the way the story was supposed to be played out would be totally screwed. Come to think of it, I still had a copy of The Son of Neptune sitting in my backpack. I had practically refused to look at any of the copies since I first discovered them. I didn't really want to confirm my worst fears in how my actions were dooming these demigods, but whatever it took to get home. I would leave them with their best opportunity.

I looked up at Frank. I don't think I realize till now just how tall he was. He had to be taller than 6 ft, while Hazel was only just over 5 ft. It was practically a whole foot difference. And they looked super cool in all of their armour.

"As a thanks, I can probably get you some armour for war games later today. I feel bad that you've been fighting monsters all this time with no protection," Hazel said.

I looked down at my purple t shirt and pants. Compared to Hazel and Frank, I sure didn't fit in. It made me wonder if my long recovery was due to more than just some kind of psychological injury.

"That would be cool," I said. "Thanks... I guess."

Hazel smiled. "No problem, but don't say I didn't warn you. You'll probably be ripped after wearing all of this stuff after three minutes."

I let a small smile come to my face. "In that case," I said, "I might want to start out with something a little lighter."

I held out a hand for them to shake. "But I should really introduce myself first. My name is Y/n L/n."

I shook Hazel's smaller hand before shaking Franks which seemed to engulf mine. He really was a lot bigger than me, and his face maybe did look a little babyish. Frank let go of my hand before taking a step back.

"What did you say about gorgons? Like medusa?" he asked.

I smiled grimly. "You'll see. I don't think you have to wait much longer-"

I was cut off by some kind of yell, and then there was a kid flying past us on what looked like a metal tray. I could see his dark hair flying around him, and his shirt just looked to be in tatters. It was a wonder it was still hanging off of him.

He crashed near the fence on the opposite side of the highway. I knew that the mist would probably be covering him somewhat, but it still made me wonder what the mortals saw. A few car horns went off, but thankfully no one got hurt. Who knows, maybe all the people saw was a giant bird rather than a 16 year old boy. 

A few shadows drifted across our faces as we watched to gorgons fly over the fence to land on the apartment buildings in the urban area. They probably weren't more than three minutes away, and closing fast.

Frank looked at me incredulously. "How did you know gorgons wer-"

"Lucky guess!" I shouted before taking out my moon silver blade from the charm on my necklace. 

It was then that I noticed the hippy lady that seemed to magically appear on the other side of the highway where Percy was. Great, I thought. It's just the goddess that I happened to save 6 months ago before getting kidnapped by Gaea and her minions. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I betrayed them, so I was hoping Juno wouldn't fry me on the spot.