Paul Route: Episode 5 Choice A

Not being able to resist Quartz's pleading gaze, I threw caution to the wind and challenged Paul to a battle against my Alcremie. He readily agreed and I was surprised when all of the little kids I had been playing with followed us to the Pokemon Center practice fields to watch our battle.

As soon as Paul released his pokemon I instantly knew I was in trouble. The purple pokemon with a yellow electricity-mohawk looked down on my Alcremie and gave her a mocking "rock on" sign. Not ready to give in quite yet, I guided Alcremie through the battle as well as I could. Paul seemed surprised when she didn't go down after the first Poison Jab attack, and I wondered if I might actually stand a chance. But that hope was quickly squashed after his Toxtricity used a devastating combination of Toxic and Venoshock, which first poisoned Alcremie and then slammed her with a barrage of poison that was twice as powerful since she was poisoned.

The kids all boo'd and assured me that I had done well, but I could see that Paul was disappointed that the battle was over so quickly. The next day I managed to beat Opal without too much difficulty. Paul kept his word and walked me back through Glimwood Tangle, but as soon as we reached the edge of the forest he turned and marched straight back into the forest, claiming he wanted to do some more training.

Paul and Sayuri bump into each other at Raihan's gym challenge and she ends up watching his battle. She is amazed to see him in a full-on battle and how confident he was during the battles. Sayuri hopes to have the chance to battle him in the qualifier cup, but unfortunately, she does not get that chance. She ends up losing in the semi-finals match and Paul doesn't even look her way when they pass each other in the stadium hallways.

Paul Route Bad End