¤~|| Chapter Sixteen | The Traitor ||~¤

Start from the beginning

Apples fluttered his wings nervously, but gave Eight a glare, "Apples," he grumbled lightly. Eight sighed, "Right, sorry, you are a protector," she corrected and Apples hummed in approvance.

Scarf frowned, "Aight the Janitor would smell us if we all go in the same time right?" He questioned in the same hush tone. Two nodded, "Yes, he's like those monsters that are able to smell demigods after all," she said.

Six looked around and noticed some cloth on the far end of the room, "What if we went in groups of at least three, then landed on the cloth in most times so that the Janitor won't hear our footsteps?" She piped in. Two nodded, "Yes, that's a good idea. And we make sure the ones with the stronget scent doesn't pair up, or else the Janitor could quickly notice them."

"In which she means Seven and I shouldn't pair up," Eight explained. It seemed about right, since the children of the Big Three are always the ones with the strongest scents.

"Okay now time to pair up," Eight said. Scarf grabbed Five and Three, "I'm with them, plus the apple," he said.

"One, Una, and I," Two said and made the other two nodded.

"Well, me, Six and Seven is alright," Mono said, Six turned to him and smiled lightly on the team-up.

Eight nodded, "Then I'm with new girl and mister tinker," she said. Shadow Six blinked and pointed at herself, Four nodded, "Yeah, she means you. And me."

Two gave one last nod, "Then it's settled, we'll go on first, then Scarf, Three, and Five, and last are you two. But when he notices us we just make a run for it," she said, "Any objections?"

When no one has said a thing, Two nodded and turned. One and Una following behind. The others watched as the three carefully crawled as far as they could from the Janitor and tread on lightly until they reached the parts where there is cloth.

The Janitor continued to do whatever he was doing, once Two's group reached the vent, she nodded for the next group. Three held on both Five and Scarf's hands as she carefully followed where Two had stepped on. For someone who was quite big, she made the most lightest of footsteps, in no time she was with the first group.

"Okay, our turn," Mono mumbled as he stalked behind the Janitor. Six and Seven followed behind. Six turned to the Janitor to see what he was doing on the workbench, with a single light bulb as his source of light. Six watched as the Janitor wrapped up those nearly dead children with cloth, and when he was done, he would hoist them up to a hook on a line - which for sure would lead to the Kitchen.

It was a disgusting and dreadful sight to see, but that was why the children are there; Not to be safe from the outside world, but to be food. Six also took notice that one wrapped up child had simple cloth wrapped around them while the other had the same cloth, but with a big D written on it.

It means one was just a simple mortal child, while the other was a demigod. Of course they would have to split those in two, the Guests loved the taste of demigods than mortals.

Mono made it to the other side, and Six ignored the scene infront of her and followed. Yet she stopped when she noticed Seven was falling behind. He was looking at the Janitor, he just crouched there and watched what the monster was doing to those children. Seven's mouth tugged to a deeper, more sorrowful frown while watching this unfold infront of him.

She sighed and crept back to him, but she accidentally made a wrong step on a loose plank and the floorboard caused a haunting creak. It caused Seven to snap out of his thoughts all right, but it also stopped the Janitor for whatever he was doing.