Chapter 6

Frank Iero

I woke up with an arm around my waist. I turned to see Gerard sound asleep next to me. I smiled and curled up into his warm body and closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

~~~~~~~

I woke up and Gerard was gone. I looked over to where Mikey was sleeping last night and saw he was gone too. I heard the door to the bathroom open and Gerard walked into the room; in just a towel. I sat up from the bed and rubbed my eyes for a second.

"Morning sleeping beauty." He said as he slipped on a shirt over his head. "Or should I say afternoon. Considering it's almost one."

"It is?" I said fully awake now.

"Yea. I was going to wake you up for class, but you looked too cute to be woken up. I thought we should skip today."

"Okay. So, what do you wanna to?"

"I was thinking we go to our place and finish that song you were working on."

"Our place?"

"The recording booth?"

"Oh! Okay that sounds great."

I pulled the covers off of my body and slipped on a random black shirt on the ground. I pulled it over my head and looked at what shirt it was. It said "My Chemical Romance."

"What's My Chemical Romance? I've never heard of them." I said.

"That's our band name. Mikey came up with it. I was experimenting yesterday. Seeing what looks good. That was the best one I think."

I looked at it again. On the sleeve, there was a circle of white guns and a single red gun on the bottom right corner with the letters MCR in white inside the circle of guns. on the front was the band's name in red and white.

"Do you like it?" he asks.

I thought for a minute. "Can I keep it?" I asked.

"Sure! I'll need it back for a day or so to make another one." He smiled.

"It's fine. I think it looks amazing. We should use as a design for the name on an album or something."

"That sounds like a great idea."

He walked over to his desk and pulled out a folder over stuffed with papers from one of the shelves. He walked over to me and pulled me up to my feet. He pulled me out of the room and out of the building. Soon enough we were in the recording room where all the instruments were. he pulled me down to sit next to him. He opened the folder and spread the papers out for both of us to see. They turned out to be drawings and random lyrics. The drawing that caught my eye the most was a man and a woman. They looked like they were going to kiss, but they were covered in blood. I picked it up carefully, not to touch the drawing itself - not wanting to ruin it like I usually do with anything I touch.

"What's this one?" I asked Gerard.

"I call it "Demolition Lovers."" He answered.

I looked at it one more time before looking back at him.

"You drew this?" I said.

"Yea. It's just something that came to me back at home during one of my "sleepless nights." That's when most of these were drawn. I have a lot similar to that. It was my, what you say, "revenge" phase. You know, when you want to kill like everyone on the earth."

"Oh! That phase. I went through that phase a lot when I started High School. It was an on - off thing, but it really depended on who was pissing me off."

I looked down to the picture again.

"Who are they?"

"They were the parents that cared about me. As well as Mother War." He picked up another picture. It was a woman with a gas mask over her face. "These two I drew a lot when my parents practically abandoned me after I told them I thought I was gay - or bisexual. I felt alone. No one really talked to me in school except for Mikey. That was when I started cutting. I even made a drawing of "Demolition Lovers" out of my own blood. Soon enough, little Mikey got a girlfriend, leaving me to hide out in an old art closet just so I wouldn't get beaten up. Little did I know, they have been beating Mikey up instead. Like I said before, his girlfriend couldn't take it from losing all her friends and and her reputation. That was when she killed herself. Mikey went into her room that next day to see an empty bottle of sleeping pills, her brain splattered all over her wall, the gun in her left hand, and a letter written for him in her right hand. He locked himself in his room for a week. He somehow sunk booze into his room and that's all he did that week. He kept telling me he wanted to feel numb forever. Two weeks after Liz - his girlfriend - killed herself, that was when he almost killed himself. He was lucky I walked into his room at that time. After the doctors said he was stable and he would be okay, I decided to move his stuff into my room. We've been inseparable since. When our music teacher said I was eligible to join this program, I told her she needed to put Mikey in it as well. She pulled a couple strings and was able to get Mikey in the program. I'm glad that she even got us in the same dorm, I'm not sure what would happen if I came here and left him at home."

"When did this happen?"

"About six months ago. I'm still traumatized from it. He's my best friend."

I picked up a scrap of paper that was scribbled on a coffee stained note paper. It wasn't Gerard's hand writing.

"Who wrote this?" I asked.

"That was on the letter Liz wrote to Mikey before she killed herself."

I looked at it again. I noticed there was tear stains on the paper, which smugged the words a bit, but I was still able to read it. I don't love you, like I loved you, yesterday.

An: The t-shirt design is on the side.