I'm Not Helping You

A/N
Heyy Author-bitch here, I'm SO sorry for not adding onto the story. I just finished volleyball season, and on top of that, I have had school work.⚠️ I HAVE CHANGED IT A LITTLE SO IT IS MORE CUSTOMIZED TO YOU! (Ex: Y/N, E/C, etc.)⚠️
Enjoy!~

Your POV

So, basically what these fools just explained is that we have to figure out how we're going to cook pork.

These losers probably aren't familiar with all the different types of herbs that can be found in the forest, so I definitely have an advantage~

It helps that I also cook most of the meals back at home. Usually, we invite master chefs to our home to make the meals, but they leave right after. But from time-to-time, I like to make dinner for my family. Something about cooking and chopping the needed foods to make something delicious is just super satisfying to me.

My brothers decided to pair up to be more efficient, but I REFUSE to be partners with Zen. Every time he would offer to cook it would either be raw or burnt.

While in the middle of trying to find where these damn pigs are, I feel a gust of hot breathe on my ear and down the back of my neck.

"Y/N-chan~"
...
I'm so sick of this guy!

I turn around quickly and shove the clown away from me.

"Knock it off!"

"Come on dear, I need help finding the meat~"

EW!
Why does he put it like that?!
I'm about to respond when I hear a distinctive hiss behind me. Turning around, I come face to face with a rattle-snake. Maybe I could ask this guy where the pigs hide? Worth a shot.

Cautiously, I walk up to the snake, as to not scare it. I knelt down beside the reptile, and began to indulge myself in a conversation with it.

"Iya ha seaeth"
("Hello, do you know of any pigs in this forest?")

"Ssssss s sss"
("Yes, in the middle of another Hunter Exam huh?")

I nod to the serpent. He lifts his head and slightly nods it to the left, as to say 'this way'

I thank him, and begin to walk towards the appointed direction. Hisoka following close behind. I wonder if anything I could to could get rid of this prick

"My my my~ That certainly was impressive. I expect nothing less of my toy~"

"Go find someone else to bother. I'm busy."

I turn around, ready to slap him but to my surprise, he's gone. Finally, some peace and quite. As I start to walk again, I feel the ground rumble and hear the sound of a stampede.

That must be them!

Unfortunately, I didn't turn around quickly enough to move out of ones' way. I was ready to brace myself for the impact, but to my surprise I see the same rattle-snake from earlier, launch itself towards the pigs forehead.

As soon as the snake hits the pigs' forehead, the wild animal falls over. It takes me a minute to register what happened, but when I do I look at the snake.

"Hiyhaseath.."
("Thank you..")

"Sssss"
("Thank me later when you pass this stupid phase."

I laugh slightly, and watch the snake disappear in the shrubbery. I go to pick up my pig, when it gets picked up by someone else. That person is no other than Hisoka.

"Do you need any help darling?~"

"No. Give me my pig."

"This seems a little big for you, considering you do seem a bit, Heh. Well, scrawny~"

"Hisoka. Stop."

A deep voice stops you from retorting. You turn to look towards the direction which the voice came from and see Gittarackur.

"Oh c'mon Gitta~, I'm trying to be a gentleman.."

"She said she has it. Stop pestering her and give back the damn pig."

Gittarackur, always coming to the rescue! Makes me wonder why I feel so relieved when I see him. Normally guys like that would annoy me. Always trying to be the knight in shining armor. But, it feels different round him.

Wait a second.. the Zoldycks have a family of 5 kids.. Gittarackur is one I have never heard of..

what the hell?..
My train of thought is cut short, as I feel a heavy weight placed on my arms. I look down to see the pig that had almost killed me in my arms.

"Here. This is your pig, right?"

"Uhm.. Yes. Thank you Gittarackur...."

He replies with a little nod, then walks back into the forest, leaving me with Hisoka. Thankfully after a few moments of ignoring him, he got bored and walked away.

Once I got back to my cooking station with all the things I need to make a delectable dish, I began to heat up the stove, and cut the seasonings.

While I'm in the middle of sautéing the meat, I see my brothers emerge from the forest looking pretty rough. I tried my hardest not to laugh, but it was pretty difficult.

While cooking my onions so they had more flavor, I noticed Hisoka sauntering over to my station.

"Dear, do you think you could taste my dish for me? I want an experts opinion before I serve it to those judges.."

"No. I'm too busy to be moving in between stations. Go ask someone else."

"But you're probably the best chef here, excluding the judges of course.."

"Excuse me? I'm the best chef here INCLUDING the judges. A gourmet chef is nothing compared to what I can do in a kitchen. NEVER downgrade me like that ever again"

His eyes widen a fraction, as if he wasn't expecting me to be so confident in my skills.

"I'm not helping you. Leave me alone"
I let a suffocatingly amount of bloodlust out of my body, so he will be forced to move away from me. After my meat is cooked an seasoned, I cut it into bite size pieces, and begin to add sauces of varying flavors, and spices so it will have a little kick.

I stride over to the judges table and confidently place my dish in front of the examiners. This little bitch looks between me and my dish, clearly jealous of my talent. I glare at her when she tries to intimidate me, and she immediately stops trying to look high and mighty.

Buhara and Menchi both begin to eat my dish, and seem to enjoy it. After Buhara raves about my dish, Menchi begrudgingly passes me with envy laced in her voice.

I walk over to my brothers, and try to repair the wounds they received. They of course, all failed because of not enough seasonings, it was burnt, or it was raw.

Normally, I would've made the examiners pass them, but it was their fault for being so shit at cooking.

After Menchi attempting to kill an examinee that pissed her off, and Buhara holding her back, in a way, a huge aircraft landed in front of everyone, with an old man inside.

He insisted on making her redo the phase while staring at her ridiculously large chest.

Ew..

I guess, let the refined phase begin.

A rose for you, lovely reader🌹~

~♐️