Hunter Exams?

(Play the song when you see "🌹")

Kharis's (your) POV

Another day in the Snake Clan's mansion.. Another boring, boring day..

Another lifeless, boring, non-excitin-

WAIT! Today is Akira's birthday!!

I make my way down to the kitchen to see that everyone else is already there. I'm wearing a beautiful dress that mother picked out for me.

Despite never going out, she has excellent taste!

(Sorry if it isn't your style!)

As I make my way down, I see my mother practically squealing with excitement, which in turn, makes my grandfather and Akira cringe.

'They really are two peas in a pod' I thought to myself as I sat across from my other younger brother, Shiro. He seemed to find mother's reaction amusing.

"Does everyone know what day it is?" My father asked subtly, trying to switch the subject of off my dress, and onto my brother's birthday.

"Hmm~ I don't believe I do~" Zen replied, with a teasing tone in his voice. He absolutely LOVED to pretend to be oblivious to special occasions. "Baka!" My little brother whisper-screamed to my Aniki.

"Now now, settle down you two, today is a very special day for all four of you." My grandfather said, gesturing towards me, Shiro, Akira, and of course, Zen.

"But.. Father, today is Akira's birthday.. Why is it important for the rest of us?" I asked curiously. Our birthday were fairly far apart.. Maybe it was a new mission? Or maybe a visitor is coming? No... That can't be it! No one in their right mind would ever come here. Not to mention the fact that my parents and my siblings, along with me, would murder anyone who isn't a part of our family.

"Because today is the day that all of you are eligible to enter the Hunter Exams!" My grandfather bellowed with a sly smirk on his face.

"EH?!"

"HUH?!"

"WHAT!??"

"WHY??"

All for of us replied simultaneously. Why in the world would we need to take the Hunter Exams?!

And if we did, why would we have to do it all together?! Wouldn't that make us more of a target?!