Chapter Six

The following morning Demetri took Renee to Marcus' private study having tracked him there "Morning master I have Renee with me, she'd like to talk to you" Demetri greeted him "Morning Demetri, please show her in" Marcus replies. Renee entered the study and thanks Demetri for escorting her there. "Good morning amore. Did you sleep well?" Marcus asked and Renee nodded "Come, sit with me" He held out his hand to Renee; she placed her warm hand in his cold one and let him lead her to the sofa. "Have you thought about what we spoke about last night?" He asked still holding her hand in his "I have thought about it. I even spoke to Ally and Demetri about it as they are in the same situation as us" Marcus nodded but said nothing "After weighing up what I would be giving up versus what I would be gaining...I want you to know that I do accept you as my mate and I will spend an eternity by your side. However, I do wish to remain human a little longer, get used to living here before you turn me" Renee says taking Marcus' other hand in hers "Renee mi amore, I am so pleased that you accept me as I accept you. I happily grant your request to remain human a little longer" He bought her hands to his lips "Ally will be pleased as it means you'll have each other for eternity too" He replies smiling and takes Renee into his arms, pleased to have someone to love again and someone to love him in return.

Demetri, Ally and Jane are in Demetri and Ally's room talking about the wedding when Alec and Felix arrive "Hey Jane I've been reading up on wedding customs ahead of the wedding and did you know it's tradition for the Best Man to hook up with a Bridesmaid?" Felix asks smirking; Alec shakes his head laughing "Not going to happen" "Really Felix?" Janes asks eyebrow raised "Don't believe me ask Ally" He replies; all eyes now on Ally "Technically yes it's true. I mean the Best Man tends to try and hook up with one of the Bridal party during / after the wedding" "Well Shit Ally! Thanks" Jane replies "Sorry I was just being honest. You don't have to get with him" Ally says "No she does! Its tradition" Felix adds smiling; Jane shakes her head "Desperate" Demetri coughs; Alec laughs "I'm so looking forward to your wedding, just to see if Felix fails or not" "It would be funny if he fails" Demetri says laughing "Really D?" Felix replies.

Esme and Carlisle come out to Volterra for the wedding, the others refusing to come. They arrive a week before the wedding and use the trip as a romantic city break. "It's nice to visit Italy again Carlisle" Esme says smiling "Yes it is, but it's been a long time since I've been in the castle though" He replied as they got settled in one of the guest rooms. "Hi. Only us" Alice says entering Carlisle and Esme's room "Hello Alice, Jasper" Carlisle and Esme greet their children. "How's the planning coming along?" Esme asks "Great, obviously" Alice replies smiling "I put it down to the fact Demetri isn't even trying to rein her in" Jasper adds; Carlisle laughs as Alice pokes her tongue out at Jasper "As far as he's concerned it's only the best for his girl and Alice's vision is to be followed without question" He finishes "I know someone else who indulges Alice" Esme smiles at Jasper "I know, but I do try and rein her in now and again" He replies looking at Alice lovingly.

Carlisle, Esme, Alice and Jasper met Demetri and Ally in the south facing garden "Here this is an early wedding present" Esme said handing Ally an envelope, who gasps upon removing the contents "Tickets to Rio? Keys to..." "You'll be honeymooning on Isle Esme" Esme interrupted "It's seems only fitting as it's where you met" Ally throws her arms around Esme "Thank you so much. Its-it's perfect" "Thank you Carlisle it's very generous of you" Demetri says shaking Carlisle's hand. "You're welcome" Carlisle replies.

That night Aro calls everyone into the throne room "Thank you all for coming, Firstly I want to welcome our guests who have come out to celebrate the wedding of our dear Demetri and Ally. Secondly, Marcus has an announcement to make. Brother" Aro says stepping aside. Marcus stands and walks towards the edge of the steps "Yes, thank you for coming; I do indeed have some happy news to share. I have been very lucky recently I had the pleasure of meeting a beautiful lady; this lady is in fact my second chance at love, at a happy ending. I would like to introduce you all to my mate Renee; Ally's Mom" He turns slightly holding out his hand to her; Renee steps forward placing her hand in his "Renee is human like Ally and will remain so a little longer whilst she gets used to her new home. She is to be treated with the upmost respect" Marcus adds looking down at his mate lovingly. "Yes" Ally says low hugging Demetri "Someone's happy then" He smiles. "Of course. They both deserve a happy ending and I'm glad they have each other" She replies.