Chapter Four

A few days later Jane and Ally were in the kitchen baking brownies when Santiago, Felix and Demetri entered "What are you up to? It smells weird in here" Felix asked "Ally is teaching me how to make brownies" Jane replies "Why? You can't eat them" Santiago says "I can eat them, they just won't taste nice and I'd have to deal with them later" Jane stuck her tongue out at them "But I am learning to make them so if I meet my mate whilst he's human, I can bake him brownies" Jane said smiling "Ahh all this for a fantasy eh?" Felix said laughing "OW" Felix's forehead hit the table as Jane smacked the back of his head with a baking tray, putting a dent in the tray "You'll have to replace that" Demetri said once he'd finished laughing "Totally worth it" Jane smiled at him. "I still say there's something between them" Ally says quietly to Demetri nodding at Jane and Felix, he just shakes his head at her chuckling.

"So who's up for Poker tonight?" Santiago asks "Count us in" Ally replied gesturing to herself and Demetri "You can play Poker? Santiago sounded surprised "Yea, she can. She helped me win the first night I met her" Demetri replies proudly and kisses her temple "I lost all my money that night to our little human" Felix added. "Well I like a challenge. 20.00pm games room" Santiago said as he left the kitchen.

That night Demetri, Alyssa, Felix and the twins made their way to the games room and took a seat at the table where Santiago, Afton, Chelsea and Heidi were waiting. "There aren't enough chairs for everyone" Heidi said eyeing Ally "That's ok, I'll sit with Demi, apparently I'm his good luck charm" Ally replies sitting on Demetri's lap "That you are mi amore" He rests one hand on her hip whilst holding their cards with the other "So D you going to let her play for you whilst you take in her scent like last time?" Felix asks "Shut it" Demetri replies "We are playing as a team tonight" He adds kissing her cheek.

Felix deals out the cards and everyone places the minimum bets €5, Alec wins the round with a Full House. Round two is won by Santiago, three by Alec again "Not much of a good luck charm is she?" Heidi says amused after a few more rounds "It's the luck of the cards" Felix replies.

"I see your €20 and raise you €20" Ally says after Alec had raised the bet "Fold" Jane replies, Santiago, Afton and Chelsea also folded on their turns "I see your bet" Heidi says smugly "Call" Says Felix laying down a Full House, Alec lays down a Full House also "Four of a kind" Heidi says looking smug "Royal Flush" Ally says as Demetri reaches for the chips. Ally and Demetri win the next three rounds and Heidi is getting pissed "You must be cheating! How can you go from losing to suddenly winning?" "Calm down Heidi, it's just a game" Afton says, Ally can't help laughing a little 'If only she knew' Ally thought to herself.

Heidi felt confident in this next round "I see your € 15 and raise you €40" "Fold" Says Afton "Yea and me" Jane says, followed by Alec and Chelsea. Felix and Santiago match Heidi's bet. Ally and Demetri look at their hand and Ally smiles "All in" She pushes their chips to the centre; Heidi matches the bet along with Felix "Call" Santiago says pushing his chips in the centre. "Ladies first BFV" Ally says to Felix who lays down Four of a Kind, "Ha Straight Flush" Heidi says confidently "Four of a Kind. Come on then Ally, Demetri what you got?" Santiago asks "Read them and weep ladies Royal Flush" Ally replies laying down their cards whilst Demetri pulls the chips towards them "That's my girl" He says proudly and kisses her temple.

"NOOOO! Arghh! I can't believe I was beat by...by a bloody human!" Heidi screams throwing her chair backwards before turning her attention to Ally. Demetri lifts Ally from his lap and stands her up between himself and Alec who sitting beside them; Demetri pushes his chair out of the way and stands protectively in front of Ally, Santiago immediately puts himself between Heidi and Demetri creating another barrier between the two women. Heidi lunges forward and Santiago catches her and throws her back but she quickly gets back up and tries again, this time she makes it to Demetri who looks about ready to tear her head off. Black mist overtakes Heidi stripping her of her senses "Take Ally back to our room please Jane" Demetri says "Of course. Come on sweetie" Jane says as she takes Ally's hand in hers "Aro will hear of this" Jane adds as she leaves the room.