First Departure(Chapter 2)

Darkwings Chapter 2 

_________________ 

Enda POV

"Whaa-a- what are you?"the 

human asked shakily. He actually wasent bad looking, with long dark hair similar to my own and beautiful dark green eyes. Nothing compared to the roman god-like guys of the High Order and OtherRealms but still, very good looking as humans go.

 He looked to be about the same age as me too.......he would be harder to fool than the small human children who stumble upon our kind every now and then.

Oh great......what have I gotten myself into? I continued to stare at the human but realized that my wings were still fully extended, and in plain sight of the human.Crap! I folded my wings and to my horror, and judging from the shocked look on the human's face, he had seen them in the darkness. I backed up against a tree, not knowing what to do. Why couldnt he have been a Soul?! He would have already been dead.......I cant kill a human!

"Wha- Who are you?"The human persisted again.

 "Erm............Im Enda?"I replied in , much to my dismay, in a small and frightened voice.Why had I given him my name?! 

"Who are you?"I continued to speak.SHUT UP! Keep your mouth shut Enda!You cant just socialize with a human you just exposed your wings to in the middle of the night!

"Jayden"He answered without hesitation.

The human, Jayden, was still staring at me, and if i wasent frightened for my life, I would be annoyed. Of course, the human posed no direct threat to me, but if the High Court of the OtherRealm learned of my mistake, I would surely be punished. Not that this wasent their fault anyways.After all, they had promoted me to this position in the first place. It was supposed to be more of a sentence, a punishment for me. So, I had been dragged from my Darkworld home and sent to live among the humans, to keep visitors from my former home from upseting the delicate balance of the worlds.I wasnt the only one with this sentence, but I didnt really speak to the others. But now was not the time to reflect on the past.So I uttered the only thing that came to my mind.

 "Tell no one, of what you have seen tonight."I ordered.And with that i snapped open my wings and took off into the sky, I once again remembered it was raining as the water strung my face.But I didnt care.I wanted to forget about all that had happened tonight, but I had a feeling that wasent going to be easy.......  

_______________

Jayden POV 

So her name was Enda, what a pretty name. It fits. I know I should run but, I couldnt. I took a step towards her and she haistily retreated back.

 "Who are you?"she asked. Her voice had a soft, melodic tone, like she was singing.

 "Jayden."I told her my name without hesitation.

Stupid! I couldnt trust some monster who had dropped from the sky in the middle of the night! But, I did, I trusted this complete stranger.Someone so beautiful couldnt be a monser......

Right?

 I must be crazy, go ahead and lock me up before I have tea with bigfoot. The girl's soft voice cut through my thoughts.

"Tell no one, of what you have seen tonight."She ordered me. Before I could stutter a reply the jet black feathers burst from her back, and with one sweep of her great wings, she was in the sky. I lost sight of her in a few seconds, I continued to stare at the sky though, slightly dazed.

"Enda." I whispered her name to the rain. Her angelic voice still echoed through my head. I sat there for a good two hours, just thinking, then I began the long walk back to the Estate. 

When I arrived I reached to open the door, but it swung open itself. Dr. Ven, my uncle stood in the doorway, looking at me in slight suprise.

 "Why where you out in the rain?" His raspy voice scratched over the rain.

 "Fresh air.."I mumbled, my head down.

 "Its 20 degrees out, pouring rain, and you deside to take a walk?"He asked calmly. I didnt respond and stepped past him,into the warmth of the house.

 "Go upstairs." Ven ordered.

 I walked up the spiraling stairs slowly, to my room. All of the giant portraits' and statues' eyes pierced into me, as usual. It actually felt like the eyes where following my every move. The gruesome scenes in the pictures at the top of the stairs disgusted me, once again as I reached them. The horrible events in them were impossible to not look at, they covered everywall. Events such as shadows consuming screaming people, and fire burning and torturing everything.Humans, laying on the ground with swords driven through them, as shadowy forms stood over them and laughed. Blood everywhere.

There had to be something completely messed up in my uncle's mind.

 I continued to walk through the long hall, as the statues of monsters of all kinds, taunted me with bared fangs and outstretched claws. I reached my room and quickly slipped in, locking the door behind me. Truely, I didnt trust my uncle not to kill me in my sleep, as soon as I turned 18, in five months, I would escape this house. I would probably already be gone if I hadnt of promise my sweet mother, that I would stay, safe with my uncle. She was dead. But it wasnt her fault, Ven always put on a smile when she was around. Ha! If only she knew I would probably have a better chance of being safe on the streets than here. I fell over onto the bed and wrapped myself in the blankets, blocking out the world and thinking of the one thing I wanted to.

Enda.