Secrets(Chapter 4)

Jayden POV

  “Jayden!”  I heard the anger in his voice, yelling at me from downstairs.

 “What do you want?” I shouted.

 “I know why you went out last night; you can’t keep secrets from me!” I froze on the steps, he knew about Enda? No, he couldn’t possibly know.

 “You were out with that girl weren’t you?” He said as I continued the long descent, he sounded disgusted.

 “What girl?” I asked calmly, hoping he was talking about someone besides my raven angel.

 Wait.

Where the freak did that come from? She isn’t mine.That thought wasnt mine.

I mentally beat my head against the wall and stood in front of Dr. Ven.

 “That copper headed one.” He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 And really it was,Zara followed me whenever she could, Dr. Ven probably thought we were together or something. I nearly puked at that horrid thought.

 “Uh yeah, sorry.” Why am I apologizing to him? Even if I had been out with Zara, it shouldn’t be any of his business.

 “I’m going to be late” I mumbled as I stepped past him and rushed out the door. Should I have told him about meeting Enda? She did almost kill me. But I knew inside that I would never tell anyone, she was my secret, and I felt as if I could protect her in some way, even if she could probably kill a tiger with one swipe of that sword. I opened the door of my dark green Ford and started the ignition. What

if Enda was at school? She had looked about my age. Ugh, I’m just pathetic. Why would she be at a tiny, high school? Do hot, winged warriors even go to human schools? Was she human? Well……aside from the wings she looked pretty normal….

Ok and the fact that she was gorgeous.

So gorgeous…..

The wall that I was mentally beating my head against was starting to crumble, and even more thoughts of her flooded into my head. I parked and jumped out, slinging my backpack over my shoulder, and walked in.

A random assortment of “hey”s and “how’s it goin?”s greeted me as I walked through the halls, I nodded towards them and continued my journey. I had just reached the door of my 1st

period class when I heard a high- pitched squeaky voice behind me. Oh crap….

“Did you miss me Jay Jay?” I turned to see Zara, looking up at me with her

pretty, hazel eyes. Well, they would be pretty, if they weren’t covered in

beauty products.

 “Erm…sure.” I said, wanting this conversation to end quickly.

“I missed you” she said in a low voice as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Oh God,  was she trying to sound sexy? I pulled her off of me.

 “No.” I said sternly, feeling like I was talking to a disobedient puppy.  She pouted and was probably about to say some comment about what I was missing when Rhys stepped up beside me.

 “Hey man.” He greeted me.

“Hey.” I replied casually. Of course on the inside it was more of thank you for saving me from this obsessive slut, you are a saint, remark.

I was immensely happy to have a friend that wouldn’t try to rape me in the hallways. We turned to walk into class and I heard Zara’s heels clicking angrily down the hall. I heard Rhys cracking up beside me.

 “You attract such freaky people.” He joked.

You have no idea.

 Everyone was sitting around the room and chatting, when Ms. Emmers entered the room.

 “Class, I’m proud to introduce you to our new student, I’m sure you will get along nicely.” She said

happily. Some of the people around Rhys and I started cracking up. I felt bad for the English teacher, but someone really did have to tell her that she wasn’t teaching a 3rd grade class.

 “Meet Endalia Kindryn.” She said as I heard someone step into the room. Endalia? I didn’t have to turn around to know that my fears and hopes had come true, but I did anyway.  She was standing at the front of the room, looking as breathtakingly beautiful as she had in the forest.

I don’t know what I expected exactly, her standing in the front of the room with dramatic lighting, wings outstretched, and sword pointed at me saying some bad movie quote about making sure I don’t tell her secret maybe? This was not the case. She was wearing a grey V-neck over a deep blue shirt that was the same color as her eyes, a dark jean skirt, and black leggings. Her long, dark hair flowed like waves of dark silk down her back, and her piercing eyes coldly regarded the room.

 “It’s Enda.” She spoke in a light, voice that sounded as if she were singing.

“Enda…then….sit in the back please.”

 She walked past without even glancing at me, and I was slightly disappointed. I saw Rhy’s and pretty  much everyone else’s eyes glued to her……and at that moment I was slightly furious. But it passes the moment she waved one of the boys out of her way when he tried to help her. I could feel her eyes piercing through me from the back of the room as class stretched on. Although, that was probably just my hopeful imagination.

The moment the bell rang she was up and gone, sweeping out of the room in a few

steps, it was more like she was gliding across the floor…..or flying.

Enda POV

         Of course he was in the room when I stepped in. That’s just my wonderful luck. Isn’t

life ironic? I drank in the sight of him,not wanting to miss a single second; he sat with people who appeared to be his

friends. Everyone was watching me as I made my way to the back of the room.

“Hello Enda, I think we will be great friends.”  A tall male human stepped in front of me.

Foolish.

Of course I wouldn’t attack….but......

 “Move.” I said, and gave him my best glare. He raised his hands and stepped aside, I could hear his friends snickering as I sat and turned away from them.

 I watched Jayden from my seat.

Had he told anyone?

Would he tell anyone?

Should I have killed him?

Should I kill him now?

I suffered through an hour of these questions when a short sound rung through the air, I was out the door and gone before anyone could move.

 Thank you , otherworldly speed.